ADVERTISEMENT

Film Study - Tengwall on potential starters at OT

CaliLION79

Sep 27, 2020
OFFENSIVE TACKLE FILM STUDY

See link. Shelton, Williams, Rucci, Donkoh. Surprised to learn Penn State has only had to replace both starting OTs who were good enough to get drafted once prior in program history. And, honestly, as much talk as there has been about Kotelnicki's scheme "curing" the passing attack, explosivity in the run game, etc., we'll know the guy is a true genius if he can design concepts that aid/assist our relatively green o-line. Lastly, Shelton scares the hell out of me (and not in a good way) as a pass protector.

Reactions: Obliviax
Has it ever been mentioned why Rucci is at RT now vs LT where he played (sparingly) at Wisconsin? I can understand Donkoh at RT, Williams at LT, and even Shelton as a swing guy who has reps at both sides.

I have a hard time not seeing Rucci start and it wouldn't shock me if he ends up back at LT. If I had to pick today, Donkoh at RT would be my guess.

Reactions: Obliviax
It will be interesting to see who AK decides to start. Are we going to be run heavy or pass heavy? And, of course, these videos and evaluations are from last year. Under AK, things could change. It looks like the talent and athleticism are there.

247 interview with Tengwall. Well spoken kid. Few comments with some insights. May/June what the team can/can't do. AK offense sounding like it will be a different offense (claimed the transition from KC to Yurcich wasn't big).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT