First on CNN: 71% of workers say their pay isn’t keeping up with inflation

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003
Joe Biden did that. Shit, for all the whining about Trump, 71% of workers were getting ahead... lol..... BADORANGEMAN!!!!

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/27/economy/economy-inflation-savings/index.html

What’s disturbing is that if Trump gets election, he’ll try to dispose of Powell and find a fed reserve chair that’s going to reinstitute the loose monetary policy that marked his regime. He would be the WORST president to have right now

A stroll down memory lane:

• President wants wants to fire Federal Reserve Chairman Powell for raising interest rates
  • Powell and the Fed this week raised interest rates for a fourth time this year, helping to send the Dow to its worst week since the financial crisis.
  • “I think the Fed is making a mistake. They are so tight. I think the Fed has gone crazy,” the president said. The independence of the Fed is one of the pillars of confidence global investors have in the U.S. financial system. Powell’s removal would undermine that confidence because it would now seem the most important central bank was now under the control of a politician, who may not always have the best interests of the economy at heart

Reactions: franklinman

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
What’s disturbing is that if Trump gets election, he’ll try to dispose of Powell and find a fed reserve chair that’s going to reinstitute the loose monetary policy that marked his regime. He would be the WORST president to have right now

• President wants wants to fire Federal Reserve Chairman Powell for raising interest rates
  • Powell and the Fed this week raised interest rates for a fourth time this year, helping to send the Dow to its worst week since the financial crisis.
  • “I think the Fed is making a mistake. They are so tight. I think the Fed has gone crazy,” the president said. The independence of the Fed is one of the pillars of confidence global investors have in the U.S. financial system. Powell’s removal would undermine that confidence because it would now seem the most important central bank was now under the control of a politician, who may not always have the best interests of the economy at heart

Sounds like you are revising history. I believe the fed raised the rates 7 times in the first 2 years of Trump's term. I don't recall any hardships from it.

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX

Oh it's make believe 'facts' from Paoli time.

LdN

bdgan

May 29, 2008

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
I'm waiting for Biden to give people money to help with their heating bills that will be up sharply this winter. All the people want is a little breathing room.

It's going to happen.

But only for people earning less than $150k combined... etc. Etc.

You may notice that if you make less money you are starting to make more money.

Reactions: bdgan

Latest posts