ADVERTISEMENT

FLO Offering Refunds

Why do I get the feeling some folks will be bitching they were only refunded $20 instead of the new and improved jacked up $30 rate they were charged.

Even a honest cancellation would be nice, but no one who has ever subscribed with flo even expects it. Really sad outfit. All the free streams for the national duals worked great. But the one for 20 bucks was a complete joke.

1. Their graphics were not complete, and didn't actually work: Time clock did not move during the matches, and riding time clock sometimes didn't exist, or didn't run either.

2. Screen froze over 25 times during the match.

3. Announcers referred to Oklahoma State as "we" more than 2 times.

4. Their graphics controller was late on the trigger to go from the pre match graphics to the actual match: They missed the first ten seconds of every match.

The worst video telecast, I have ever seen. I mean, ever. They made ESPNU look like an award winning telecast.

Reactions: fritzbleich
I've been following the debacle all day. They did a horrendous job planning for this but did an even worse job responding. It took them hours to apologize and kept acting like nothing was happening. The silver lining in all of this... there is a ton of people interested in this match. Flo and some have done a good job hyping up our sport, their delivery is absolutely awful though. My opinion is they need to grow up. It's great to make it seem like a wrestling frat house but they have to deliver a product. They bumped their pricing up predatorily ahead of all of this. They are getting killed. It really is a shame they let a lot of people down.

Not sure who looks worse here, Flo or OSU for signing that contact with them. #AmateurHour

I've been following the debacle all day. They did a horrendous job planning for this but did an even worse job responding. It took them hours to apologize and kept acting like nothing was happening. The silver lining in all of this... there is a ton of people interested in this match. Flo and some have done a good job hyping up our sport, their delivery is absolutely awful though. My opinion is they need to grow up. It's great to make it seem like a wrestling frat house but they have to deliver a product. They bumped their pricing up predatorily ahead of all of this. They are getting killed. It really is a shame they let a lot of people down.

I agree. Other than the tweets about refunds has anyone seen a written apology on their site as of yet. I have not, perhaps I missed it. After the whole damned site crashed some type of apology needed to be the first thing that appeared when the site came back up. I also wonder what type of damage clauses are contained within the contract with OSU.

I agree. Other than the tweets about refunds has anyone seen a written apology on their site as of yet. I have not, perhaps I missed it. After the whole damned site crashed some type of apology needed to be the first thing that appeared when the site came back up. I also wonder what type of damage clauses are contained within the contract with OSU.
Haggerty needs to issue a written apology to Jimmy Gulibon.

Reactions: PSU James
Written apology insufficient. Haggerty should have to wrestle Gulibon in Rec Hall.

Officiated by two blind men with whistles that are broken. Then he can feel what it's like to be pinned three times for 2 minutes without it being called.

Haggerty needs to issue a written apology to Jimmy Gulibon.

Better yet, Cael should file an official complaint with the NCAA officiating oversight committee. There is enough footage available for a review of what happened.

However, I can't see Cael doing that - it's just not his way of going about things. Besides, some people would interpret it as Cael trying to twist the knife after giving the Pokes a really bad beatdown. Jimmy got blatantly robbed, and everyone who cares about it is just going to have to suck it up and move forward.

Better yet, Cael should file an official complaint with the NCAA officiating oversight committee. There is enough footage available for a review of what happened.

However, I can't see Cael doing that - it's just not his way of going about things. Besides, some people would interpret it as Cael trying to twist the knife after giving the Pokes a really bad beatdown. Jimmy got blatantly robbed, and everyone who cares about it is just going to have to suck it up and move forward.

Disagree: For all the crap Jimmy has gone through, Cael needs to make a statement, and he will.

Jimmy will see him again, and dollars to donuts Heil gives up on the crotch lift and surrenders the takedown: He knows he isnt getting that Stillwater home cooking anywhere other than Iba.

Disagree: For all the crap Jimmy has gone through, Cael needs to make a statement, and he will.

Jimmy will see him again, and dollars to donuts Heil gives up on the crotch lift and surrenders the takedown: He knows he isnt getting that Stillwater home cooking anywhere other than Iba.

better for jimmy to know he can win it all and he won't want to leave it in the ref's hands ever again

as bad as yesterday was for flo and boy was it bad, the flip side is that demand for a single dual meet crashed their system, which if this was a kardashian or a group photo at the oscars would be crazy positive. Instead the internet (rightly so for the price gouging) is crushing Flo, one of the few content providers we have.

At my house we had people over, I had food in the smoker (flame went during the melee) and ice melting in the cooler because it was 70 degrees in the sun, so the stress level was high until Cutch delivered the big W.

Yet in the end, we watched on Flos periscope page and I have already rewatched the entire match (yes heil was pinned) twice.

AGAIN, the match crashed their site. >14k in the seats (a record) and I bet there were 20k watching online, plus probably thousands paying attention to the boards/twitter/facebook. It was a bad afternoon for flo, but I think wrestling won because it is a data point that duals matter NOW without messing with the NC.

PS- i bet when SHP gets the ticket sales for the 8 duals, this year like last year will have better attendance numbers than the last years of the nat duals in their previous format.

Reactions: PSUoh90
The thing about Flo is the lack of respect for anybody. Talking smack on twitter prior saying that complaining about the price of the match is for people who's moms pay the bills. Then when it's time to eat crow, CP says "I control what I can control". CP you can control your mouth and your tweeting fingers.
I can afford Flo, I just don't think Flo is worth it. Some do, I don't.
We have the same excuses we had in 2012 about Flo growing. BS. They had the same exact issues. The only thing they have changed is their price.
Announcers=Bad
Scoreboard/Clock=Bad
Frontend=Worse than bad
Servers=Bad
Support= Is there any?
Price=Bad (unfair even, why different pricing)

I'm not going to give them a pass just because some think they are good for wrestling. We deserve better.

The thing about Flo is the lack of respect for anybody. Talking smack on twitter prior saying that complaining about the price of the match is for people who's moms pay the bills. Then when it's time to eat crow, CP says "I control what I can control". CP you can control your mouth and your tweeting fingers.
I can afford Flo, I just don't think Flo is worth it. Some do, I don't.
We have the same excuses we had in 2012 about Flo growing. BS. They had the same exact issues. The only thing they have changed is their price.
Announcers=Bad
Scoreboard/Clock=Bad
Frontend=Worse than bad
Servers=Bad
Support= Is there any?
Price=Bad (unfair even, why different pricing)

I'm not going to give them a pass just because some think they are good for wrestling. We deserve better.
Ditto... X1000. The arrogance is what gets you and the incompetency that follows shows the arrogance was never, ever warranted. The personal commenting about paying $30 for a sh-- product also warrants crickets from FLO. Camera, a single commentator and server capacity? They can't get that done. Who's paying attention or paying to get an adequate server at FLO?

I was able to watch the whole match using my laptop and an HDMI chord. I guess I was lucky because I did not know the HDMI chord might have made a difference.

Having said that, it still froze up/buffered too many times. The stream was not very good. The announcers were annoying. Clock/Riding Time/Score was not consistent by any stretch.

The least FLO could do is offer refunds or free months.

I'm in the category that FLO has done a good job of creating quite a demand for these events. They obviously know that, so it is up to them to provide the best production they can for their customers.

Flo will fix their offering or track will fix it for them.

#makecapitalismgreatagain

Reactions: GEEKMEDIC
I get that stuff happens, but I am still waiting for Flo to address the issue on flowrestling.com. Their failure to do so is more damning to me than the original screw up.

Reactions: KFM74 and amalone
You guys paying for this are like Charlie Brown lining up to kick the football held by Lucy.

Suckers

Flo has a ton of great content (got my annual subscription back in October). They failed massively yesterday and they deserve all the crap they've been getting thrown their way. At least they're trying to remedy the situation, but their brand took a beating yesterday.

I really like Flo and think they do a great job covering wrestling with content and video. I just hope they don't go too commercial and stick to what they do best - complete coverage. In the interim, reinvest in their IT infrastructure so this won't happen again. Oh yea, finally, hope the Flo talking heads do NOT get to full of themselves.

They have already taken this same beating. It will die down by next season, and we will play this same game over and over.

In 2017 when a fight breaks out randomly at Wal Mart there is video coverage on it. You guys are giving too much credit to them for doing a shabby job at best. I have had my own business for 13 years, and I would never dream of letting issues like this happen over and over.

When they charged me for months and months after cancellation I was pretty much powerless. Of course I accepted their 4 month refund, but it wasn't good enough. We aren't powerless, we have word of mouth.

Sad part is, I didn't even buy Flo yesterday, I cancelled back in Jan. I was initially upset with the cost because for a single dual and what they bring to the table it's not worth it. I said as much, others said as much and to an extent the response was for us to move out of Mommy's basement. Then when my doubts were confirmed, nothing but a single sorry, we will get better. Pathetic.

They are completely out of touch with the majority of fans. The single reason they are even around at all is because nobody else has stepped up in the void that is wrestling media coverage. They over-charge for crap, then accuse customers of being stingy (or worse), then commit fraud.....

I think that for the most part, their hearts are in the right place. Offering refunds is pretty big if it comes to fruition. What hurts Flo the most is how smug they can be and how the oft criticize competitors then this. I agree that they are justly getting beat up over yesterday, but I think I'm gonna take the free 2 months hoping that they will do something big for NCAAs in a hopes to repair their image.

You guys paying for this are like Charlie Brown lining up to kick the football held by Lucy.

Suckers
Yesterday sure was a disappointment but they do have some great content ( the Kolat and brands film was great). I do get to watch many more matches than before, I feel I get a good amount of entertainment out of flo though I was looking forward to the match yesterday

I was able to watch the whole match using my laptop and an HDMI chord. I guess I was lucky because I did not know the HDMI chord might have made a difference.

Having said that, it still froze up/buffered too many times. The stream was not very good. The announcers were annoying. Clock/Riding Time/Score was not consistent by any stretch.

The least FLO could do is offer refunds or free months.

I'm in the category that FLO has done a good job of creating quite a demand for these events. They obviously know that, so it is up to them to provide the best production they can for their customers.

I watched this at a friend's place. I got the subscription a few days ago and I was trying to figure out how we were going to watch it. I looked to see it there was an Amazon FireStick Flo app (there isn't) but did find out there is a Roku app. However, after hearing all of the horror stories about Flo's streaming capabilities over the past few years I did not trust streaming this through any device other than my MacBook Pro. So, we connected my laptop to the TV with an HDMI cable.

The production was bush league to say the least. The on-screen graphics never worked the entire time, which is something I would have expected from a student run broadcast at a B1G school. Actually, it's exactly what happened this year for one of the duals. Wrong names, wrong scores, no clock, etc. Just a total Mickey Mouse production.

I thought it was fairly obvious that Bader and CP were working for OSU there. Flo is definitely not neutral. They're opinions are bought and paid for by OSU.

I also experienced a lot of buffering throughout. It started with the 157 match and we missed the first two TDs for Nolf. Every match the rest of the way had buffering issues.

Flo are a bunch of chumps when it comes their productions. I cannot believe they raised 25 million in VC money. They should be ashamed of themselves.

It didn't. Some people were logged in and got to see a poor stream. But most got a "502 server error" as Flo's website had crashed and was down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT