ADVERTISEMENT

The FLO SUCKS (or support) thread

backdrft76

Gold Member
Sep 7, 2012
I think it's long overdue that we have a thread dedicated just to Flo and all the crap they pull or all the positives they bring to the sport. I've grown tired of seeing it clog up our other threads during events. I'd reckon in our most recent match thread the posts are more than 50% related to Flo. And this seems to be a constant, ongoing occurrence over the years. So maybe instead of posting our hatred or support for Flo we can take our gripes to this thread instead as I'm sure the powers (or clowns) that be are reading this. 🤞🏼

Yesterday sucked. The match against OkSt a few years back sucked. When they have problems, they should own it. Put out a statement (not from a miscellaneous employee).

All that said… for $150 a year, I watch a lot of wrestling through Flo and the other entities that have been entering the game seem to gouge me much worse for much less.

Reactions: crockster
I think it's long overdue that we have a thread dedicated just to Flo and all the crap they pull or all the positives they bring to the sport. I've grown tired of seeing it clog up our other threads during events. I'd reckon in our most recent match thread the posts are more than 50% related to Flo. And this seems to be a constant, ongoing occurrence over the years. So maybe instead of posting our hatred or support for Flo we can take our gripes to this thread instead as I'm sure the powers (or clowns) that be are reading this. 🤞🏼
Sounds good to me, but this thread would be way cooler if you revise the thread title to insert “Gratuitous” at the beginning and “dumpster fire” before “thread”. 😉
@El-Jefe

I subscribed to Flo some time ago to watch the USA world team in Zain's first year. I tried to watch some of their older movies, like on Cary Kolat, on a 4G cell phone with good service. Even downloaded their phone app. More than one eventually froze at the some spot (same one depending on movie).

I contacted Flo customer service. They told me to watch on a PC. I thought to myself, reliably streaming videos from servers to phones via apps is a well establish practice. I figured if they couldn't manage that effectively and blaming the customer was their idea of customer support, then I'm out. Shortly thereafter, I cancelled my lone subscription.

So glad my bad experience was minor in comparison to the frustration most must have felt last night while trying to watch the Rider dual--especially for new Flo subscribers. Then again, I did take action to maintain my peace of mind.

Reactions: Ski and Creek Side
Flo...
Friends GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

🙂

• Haha
Reactions: 82bordeaux
I emailed my concerns and this is what they said. I asked them why should I renew considering their lack of quality,

Thanks for contacting FloSports Customer Support today! We are sorry to hear that you would like to end your subscription. I’ve gone ahead and canceled your account. Your subscription will remain active until the end of your billing period. During that time you will continue to have access to the entire FloSports network on the web and through our mobile and TV apps. This includes access to all live events and exclusive original programming across 25+ sports.

We are sorry to see you go. If you would like to re-subscribe at any time please visit FloSports.tv.

Apparently this is how they feel:
STgXktr.gif

Last edited:
I emailed my concerns and this is what they said. I asked them why should I renew considering their lack of quality,

Thanks for contacting FloSports Customer Support today! We are sorry to hear that you would like to end your subscription. I’ve gone ahead and canceled your account. Your subscription will remain active until the end of your billing period. During that time you will continue to have access to the entire FloSports network on the web and through our mobile and TV apps. This includes access to all live events and exclusive original programming across 25+ sports.

We are sorry to see you go. If you would like to re-subscribe at any time please visit FloSports.tv.
So you're saying you got a form letter? 🤔

Reactions: Ski
I wish flo was doing the coverage of the psu-iowa dual. We could give a pbp of the 125 lb. Hint, hint. Match for our Iowa followers as the buffers buff. Might be able to anyway I think women's basketball precedes the dual.

Reactions: mcpat
Might be a bunch of incompetent, scumbag losers running Flo…but I did get a month refund after sending them a nasty email last night

Yesterday sucked. The match against OkSt a few years back sucked. When they have problems, they should own it. Put out a statement (not from a miscellaneous employee).

All that said… for $150 a year, I watch a lot of wrestling through Flo and the other entities that have been entering the game seem to gouge me much worse for much less.

I agree with this. For me, I would like to add some context. I am not as educated on wrestlers as many on this board are. I can honestly say that I would not have known anything about David Taylor if not for Flowrestling. And, to me, DT and his Flo presence have greatly shaped the sport. Last night was a disaster. I would like to see Flo go back to its roots and concentrate on its product and delivery of same.

Last edited:
FLO is knows they have no competition. Rokfin is ok but FLO and track run the show

Every year I say it's the best $150.00 I spend. Have had almost 0 problems and get to watch a lot of wrestling.

First round I got to see 57 and about half of 61. Second round I didn’t make it to the first intermission of 57

To think that streaming is one of flow's core value propositions. The continuing problems spanning many years is not only inexcusable, but somewhat baffling to be honest.

Whomever runs Flo's IT should have been canned long ago.

I work in IT and in this day and age where streaming services is a very mature business capability, there is zero excuse for the continuing problems.

On a tight budget? Come on guys, you don't even need to own the hardware to deliver your service flawlessly. Microsoft Azure, AWS or HPE Greenlake solve your problems over night. Get your shit together!

PS - I cancelled them years ago, with streaming glitches one reason, along with a crappy subscription model and their complete pettiness with Willie. I doubt I will ever go back.

They acknowledged it on FRL first thing. Until it changes it's only words, but this is the first time I remember them doing this, ever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT