ADVERTISEMENT

Foley's Friday Mailbag for 5/11/18

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
one question & answer about Kerry McCoy.

For those keeping track, this is week 84, and despite promises he tweeted, no response to Flo's article about Olympic reffing corruption from Foley.

Mike C. continues to be the Mailbag's main questioner, as he had 2 of the 4 questions.

You can access this week's Mailbag at THIS LINK

one question & answer about Kerry McCoy.

For those keeping track, this is week 84, and despite promises he tweeted, no response to Flo's article about Olympic reffing corruption from Foley.

Mike C. continues to be the Mailbag's main questioner, as he had 2 of the 4 questions.

You can access this week's Mailbag at THIS LINK

Tom:

I appreciate the work you do in posting wrestling articles on a regular basis. I enjoy reading the articles.

However, as somebody who is a more casual follower of wrestling than many on this board and having not seen to the original promise or the allegations of corruption, I would appreciate if you could provide an explanation of why you are keeping track of how many weeks it has been since he promised a response to Olympic reffing corruption.

Reactions: purescurve
... I would appreciate if you could provide an explanation of why you are keeping track of how many weeks it has been since he promised a response to Olympic reffing corruption.
Does Lucy have to explain why she takes the football away at the last second? #RunningGag :)

Reactions: SetonHallPirate
Tom:

I appreciate the work you do in posting wrestling articles on a regular basis. I enjoy reading the articles.

However, as somebody who is a more casual follower of wrestling than many on this board and having not seen to the original promise or the allegations of corruption, I would appreciate if you could provide an explanation of why you are keeping track of how many weeks it has been since he promised a response to Olympic reffing corruption.
Shortly after the Rio Olympics, Pyles published a study showing refs were assigned to matches in a way that favored certain countries.

Foley was asked on Twitter when he would comment. He responded "coming week" -- in Sept 2016.

Foley has an opinion on everything but somehow not this. Perhaps because he was (still is?) a UWW employee.

Shortly after the Rio Olympics, Pyles published a study showing refs were assigned to matches in a way that favored certain countries.

Foley was asked on Twitter when he would comment. He responded "coming week" -- in Sept 2016.

Foley has an opinion on everything but somehow not this. Perhaps because he was (still is?) a UWW employee.

In fairness to Foley, "coming week" hasn't gotten here yet.

Just wait til next, err, coming week. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Dogwelder
To be fair, coming week only implies next week. Considering that when looking out over Iowa cornfields Foley sees danger lurking behind each and every corn stalk, it is obviois Foley's mind has a different perception of realities. So "coming week" is a Foleyism intended to kick the subject can down the road until our immature interests are captured by the next shiny bead.

To be fair, coming week only implies next week. Considering that when looking out over Iowa cornfields Foley sees danger lurking behind each and every corn stalk, it is obviois Foley's mind has a different perception of realities. So "coming week" is a Foleyism intended to kick the subject can down the road until our immature interests are captured by the next shiny bead.

#foleylovessoy

and it #jumpedtheshark in a long time ago
Nothing is over until Tom decides it is!

animalhouse.jpg

Reactions: hlstone
So, it's like chasing a rainbow! That explains it! :)
A year or so ago I was at Atlanta Hartsfield airport, and actually saw the end of a rainbow out the terminal window. A luggage cart was sitting a couple hundred yards away on the tarmac with a rainbow coming out of it. An amazing sight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT