ADVERTISEMENT

For my birthday,

BTMurphy

Gold Member
Jul 19, 2015
Central Pa
My daughter came over, picked me up, and said c'mon- we're headed out to the Blue-White game.:)

Awesome! A few observations that stood out to me: amazing crowd. Lower bowl mostly filled (not densely) and 10's of thousands more tailgaiting.

Nelson impressed me at left tackle. In particular, quick feet, great hands, really good leverage and tough. I am no longer concerned there.

Bates' talent at left gaurd is evident. Good footwork/technique and tough. Noticed at least two instances of communication issues between he and Nelson, which I'm sure with time will iron itself out.

Gaia (sorry for not checking spelling), looked in control and definitely not a weakness at center.

As for right side of the line, I'll have to watch on tv later to gauge better. Seemed A bit unsettled...

NO problems at skill positions. If Sanders is as advertised, easily 3/4 deep at RB. Receivers present many headaches for d-coordinators.

Both QB's offer new dimension to the position with mobility. Mcsorly(sp again) seems in control and the likely starter. If O-Line solidifies, offense has chance to be decent/ even good.

All that said, defense, as expected, played fairly vanilla/straight up, so there's that to consider. I didn't focus my attention too much on that side of the ball, so not much to comment on from me there.

Positive vibe overall...WE ARE

Reactions: fairgambit
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT