ADVERTISEMENT

For those that attended a Rose Bowl game involving Penn State, did you book it on your own or group travel?

john4psu

Sep 7, 2003
For those that attended a Rose Bowl game involving Penn State, did you book it all on your own or did you book it and travel with a travel group?

I have been to a couple of PSU Rose Bowls. Did all the travel myself. I never us group travel or agents regardless of where I'm traveling domestic or international. If you understand how to do it and are comfortable with your skill and choices, you will save money as you aren't funding a third party for your travel.

I have been to a couple of PSU Rose Bowls. Did all the travel myself. I never us group travel or agents regardless of where I'm traveling domestic or international. If you understand how to do it and are comfortable with your skill and choices, you will save money as you aren't funding a third party for your travel.
I’ve done two on my own (just two of us) rather than a group. Mostly because I traveled and stayed on points.

i've never been but looked at it a couple of times. The problem is, by the time you know that PSU is in the bowl, the flights are out of sight with holiday travel and late booking times.

BTW, tickets for this weekend's land grant game are down to $10 on the various ticket outlets.

For those that attended a Rose Bowl game involving Penn State, did you book it all on your own or did you book it and travel with a travel group?
Never been to the Rose Bowl, but I've been to several other bowls and I always make the arrangements myself. It ends up being cheaper, I get better seats and have flexibility of travel, meals, etc. The only plus side I see to going with the group is that's there's no thought or effort in it. They take care of everything.

Never been to the Rose Bowl, but I've been to several other bowls and I always make the arrangements myself. It ends up being cheaper, I get better seats and have flexibility of travel, meals, etc. The only plus side I see to going with the group is that's there's no thought or effort in it. They take care of everything.
Worked through the NLC for B10 championship game tickets and was extremely disappointed. Ended up going on line to get better tickets and sold NLC tickets at the game for a slight loss.

LA is an amazing city with so many options if you wish to explore...water towns, Hollywood, DTLA.....based ony trip there in August finding a rental car may be the hardest part.

Enjoy!

My friends and Iwent to one. Opted to do a tour with CAT. Great trip, nice Rose Parade seats and 50 yardline seats at the game. Would do the same if I went again.

Myself.

Want to save $? Fly in and out if Vegas and stay there…drive to and from Pasadena…maybe stay one night.

Myself.

Want to save $? Fly in and out if Vegas and stay there…drive to and from Pasadena…maybe stay one night.
Except staying in Vegas on New Year’s Eve is crazy expensive ($400+ a night if you are lucky) and driving to Pasadena the next day can get really really bad because you and loads of SoCal are driving back.

With the game on Jan 2nd instead of Jan 1 because the 1st is on a Sunday, maybe it wouldn’t be too bad but that’s a big bet to make.

Flying into San Diego might be a better option. If you are willing to drive 4-4.5 hrs from Vegas, maybe even San Fran is a better option.

LA is an amazing city with so many options if you wish to explore...water towns, Hollywood, DTLA.....based ony trip there in August finding a rental car may be the hardest part.

Enjoy!
You also have Disneyland, Academy Museum, LA Live, loads of great food. I live in Pasadena and can offer suggestions if requested.

Been to Rose, Fiesta, and Cotton. I live in Pasadena so planning was super easy—roll out of bed, bbq in the driveway, walk a few blocks to watch a little of the parade, then go to the game.

As for the others, my wife and I always set up the travel ourselves. Just cheaper that way. We pay attention to where the pep rally is and look up the local alumni group which always has a welcome party a few days before the game.

Except staying in Vegas on New Year’s Eve is crazy expensive ($400+ a night if you are lucky) and driving to Pasadena the next day can get really really bad because you and loads of SoCal are driving back.

With the game on Jan 2nd instead of Jan 1 because the 1st is on a Sunday, maybe it wouldn’t be too bad but that’s a big bet to make.

Flying into San Diego might be a better option. If you are willing to drive 4-4.5 hrs from Vegas, maybe even San Fran is a better option.
Yes, it I had been a while since I did that (also did for Fiesta Bowl)…back then Vegas had terrific flight/hotel packages.

ADVERTISEMENT