ADVERTISEMENT

Former Bush 43 Special Counsel: Hatch Act Could Be Used to Prosecute Biden DOJ and DHS Officials for 2024 Election Interference

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Do it. I mean if the left can prosecute someone with no crime, certainly the right can use law to prosecute.

https://tennesseestar.com/justice/f...024-election-interference/mpleahy/2024/05/19/

Scott J. Bloch, Special Counsel of the Office of Special Counsel (OSC) under former President George W. Bush from 2003 to 2008, told The Tennessee Star on Saturday that a a provision of the 1939 Hatch Act, now codified as 18 U.S.C. 595, could be used to prosecute Biden Administration Department of Justice and Department of Homeland Security officials for election interference and affecting the 2024 election.

Bloch (pictured above) responded to The Star’s inquiry via email on Saturday asking:

Could Section 2 of the 1939 Hatch Act (codified today as 18 U.S.C 595), which prohibits election interference by federal, state, and local officials, be used to prosecute the pantheon of Biden administration officials who have organized the multiple lawsuits against Donald J. Trump?

Bloch wrote, “What is going on in the current administration goes even beyond what I investigated at OSC. I am referring to many examples in the news of use of the justice system to affect the election, the suppression of speech by DOJ and Homeland Security relating to political opponents, which appears to be tinged with intent to interfere with elections.”

“We brought many administrative prosecutions of Hatch Act violations when I was head of the U.S. Office of Special Counsel (2003-2008),” he noted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News