ADVERTISEMENT

Frank and Cael talk about the Olympics

Two completely enjoyable interviews. Could listen all day to the subject of preparing for the Olympics and what it takes to be an Olympian. Unbelievable achievement for Frank and to look back at Cael who did it in 2004... no greater triumph in one's athletic dreams.

Reactions: tpnlion and T J
Good stuff! Frank had some very nice things to say about Yonemitsu and also mentioned a silver medalist who spent time training with the NLWC. Anybody know who it was?

I have not listened to the interviews, but Jaime Espinal, Silver Medalist at 84kg in 2012 Olympics, comes to mind.

Espinal is an upperweight. Maybe it was Franklin Gomez, who's at Frank's weight -- in fact, set up this journey by beating Metcalf in an earlier qualifying tournament.

Is the guy without headgear Stout? If so, he looks like he's filling out nicely to make a run at 184/197 at sometime in his PSU career. Love his pedigree...

Two fabulous interviews.
I have two strong responses after watching Frank's video:

1. If he wore a small mustache he would look like a jacked up Adolph Hitler on steroids! LOL!!
  2. I don't know Frank at all. I loved watching him wrestle and knew he worked hard. But, I had no previous perspective on his personality/spirituality. So, I have to tell you that he came across to me as being EXTREMELY well grounded, honest, introspective and sincerely spiritual. I was impacted positively by his maturity and development as a person.

[ . . . ] If he wore a small mustache he would look like a jacked up Adolph Hitler on steroids! LOL! [ . . . ]
Jacked up Adolf Hitler on steroids ... Hmm ... Let's refresh our memories of Kung Fuhrer, to confirm. It'll take only 31 minutes and 2 seconds:

I have two strong responses after watching Frank's video:

1. If he wore a small mustache he would look like a jacked up Adolph Hitler on steroids! LOL!!
  2. I don't know Frank at all. I loved watching him wrestle and knew he worked hard. But, I had no previous perspective on his personality/spirituality. So, I have to tell you that he came across to me as being EXTREMELY well grounded, honest, introspective and sincerely spiritual. I was impacted positively by his maturity and development as a person.
Won't touch #1!! But can touch on #2.

I've had the good fortune of getting to know Frank some over the years, and will say that he's anal about everything...and not in a bad way. During his college years, he slept right, ate right, studied right, and trained right...even kept his limited social life during the season in check. Nico is another that "did everything right", and we have a couple more on the current team. Agree or not, the spirituality thing is very real to Frank too, and a part of his life that he credits much of his success to.

Reactions: lionlover
Jacked up Adolf Hitler on steroids ... Hmm ... Let's refresh our memories of Kung Fuhrer, to confirm. It'll take only 31 minutes and 2 seconds:

As twisted as I can be sometimes, even I couldn't watch more than a few minutes of this. That being said, I thought the video game scene was TERRIFIC and a must see!:D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT