ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin did a huge disservice to Clifford, the team, and the fans.

Clifford and Levis have almost identical stat lines this year, you jock sniffing nimrod, even after Clifford stayed in extra long against Villanova just to reach 400 yards. And there is a strong argument to be made that Kentucky's schedule over that time period was at least as tough as ours. Levis should have gotten all of the first team reps late last season, and I am confident that it would have been clear that he was the better choice, but once James picks his guy, then that's that.
How did this work out?

Clifford and Levis have almost identical stat lines this year, you jock sniffing nimrod, even after Clifford stayed in extra long against Villanova just to reach 400 yards. And there is a strong argument to be made that Kentucky's schedule over that time period was at least as tough as ours. Levis should have gotten all of the first team reps late last season, and I am confident that it would have been clear that he was the better choice, but once James picks his guy, then that's that.
I really like Levis but must disagree here. Levis is a drop back passer that can run with power. He is not built for the RPO offense. He could have started several games last year and not done well. He just didn’t fit the system we were running.

It was very wise on his part to go to Kentucky which runs a system that fits his style and skill set. They also run the ball well and has a stout defense so he doesn’t have as much pressure on him. Many games he has less than 20 attempts.

If he had stayed here he may have done well under Yurcich but we will never know. And if Yurcich had come a year earlier, things may have been different. CJF does stick with his guy through thick and thin. But when his guy went down against Iowa, Levi’s would have had his chance and if he did well would have played against Illinois.

ADVERTISEMENT