ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin said ~17 recruits so that's only 9 more. With all the experience of our young guns we

PSURoar

Nov 18, 2001
really could leapfrog ahead should the Moorhead offense take shape. Need to be patient but optimistic. Go offense and defensive lines as a good showing could be BIG and make Saturday's great again.

When did he say this? I'm surprised he would throw a number out there, not knowing how many non-seniors might leave the program between now and LOI day. I bet, when all is said and done, we take 20 or more.

Reactions: bmw199
16 scholarships available + 1 for each player leaving early. I'm not sure we'll have any juniors that could be NFL ready except for Godwin. I'll guess 18-19. I have no idea why some people think we'll have 23 or more.

Top remaining prospects are LBs (Anthony, Proctor) and DT (Hansard) IMO. Swift, Hainsey, Wade, & Webb are the highest rated but we have plenty of work to do with those guys.

Reactions: step.eng69
16 scholarships available + 1 for each player leaving early. I'm not sure we'll have any juniors that could be NFL ready except for Godwin. I'll guess 18-19. I have no idea why some people think we'll have 23 or more.

Top remaining prospects are LBs (Anthony, Proctor) and DT (Hansard) IMO. Swift, Hainsey, Wade, & Webb are the highest rated but we have plenty of work to do with those guys.
If the working theory is to watch what a recruit does and not what he says, it looks promising for Wade.

Reactions: Ranger Dan

Why? Because we follow the team.

How many commits did you expect the team to take last year? 15? Between rules violations, grades, and transfers they will take 20+.

Yep, or you or any of us could just stop at "I have no idea".....

None of us have actual information or can predict the future decisions of young student athletes, but we realize that some years there is considerable attrition. Who thought Akeel would leave? Stuff happens. It's a guess, and ours is as good as the next..... But if you believe you know more than others and focus only on your own opinion it's no wonder you have no idea on anyone else's.....

Last edited:

None of us have actual information or can predict the future decisions of young student athletes, but we realize the some years there is considerable attrition. Who thought Akeel would leave? Stuff happens. It's a guess, and ours is as good as the next..... But if you believe you know more than others and focus only on your own opinion it's no wonder you have no idea on anyone else's.....
Are you responding to me?

Why? Because we follow the team.

How many commits did you expect the team to take last year? 15? Between rules violations, grades, and transfers they will take 20+.

IIRC I predicted 18-20. We signed 20. I will admit that we might have signed more than 20 if not for some late defections.

You never know when a kid will call it quits. I never expected Reeder to leave. That one is going to hurt next year after Bell & Wartman are gone. But here's what I can see. First, we don't seem to have many junior NFL prospects. Second, most of our juniors are on the depth chart and are likely to get meaningful PT as seniors. I don't see many that would call it quits due to a lack of PT. I'll stick with my 18-19 number. What do you want? It's higher than Franklin's 17.

My very unofficial scholarship count stands right now at 82:
13 seniors, 15 juniors, 19 sophomores, 17 RS freshmen, and 18 incoming freshmen. I counted Chavis with the juniors and Thrift with the sophomores. I also have included the former walk-ons Yazujian and Garrity among the seniors.

In January, we will then have 69 with the loss of the 13 seniors. Great years from Godwin and/or Blacknall could boost their NFL stock, but I am not predicting such an exit.

So, without the loss of any current scholarship players, we will have room for 16. Coach Franklin said 17 in a video some of us saw yesterday. He already must know of 1 current player who plans to leave early. Barring some really unforeseen events, that number appears to be a legitimate estimate of how many Penn State will sign this February.

Reactions: Judge Smails
13 seniors, 15 juniors, 19 sophomores, 17 RS freshmen, and 18 incoming freshmen. I counted Chavis with the juniors and Thrift with the sophomores. I also have included the former walk-ons Yazujian and Garrity among the seniors.

In January, we will then have 69 with the loss of the 13 seniors. Great years from Godwin and/or Blacknall could boost their NFL stock, but I am not predicting such an exit.

So, without the loss of any current scholarship players, we will have room for 16. Coach Franklin said 17 in a video some of us saw yesterday. He already must know of 1 current player who plans to leave early. Barring some really unforeseen events, that number appears to be a legitimate estimate of how many Penn State will sign this February.

Without the loss of ANY current scholarship players????? When does that EVER happen? There WILL always be some turnover. 13 players from the 2012 class have already moved on early.

I can't imagine Blacknall leaving for the NFL. He hasn't done much so far so he'd have to have an incredible breakout year. Of course I wouldn't have predicted that Nassib would have burst on the scene last year.

Last year we had some NFL prospects and several kids that weren't likely to see much PT as seniors. Those are the kids most likely to leave early and I don't see as many of them this year. Of course you never know when a kid is going to get into trouble like K, Carter.

For chrissakes, the head coach said about 17. Why must you persist in this mental masturbation as to the incorrectness, subterfuge of his number? Go back to making an ass of yourself in the PSU BoT Scandal/Coverup threads.

HUH? Are you serious? YOU do this EVERY year and it ends up being over 20. When has the last time PSU had ZERO turnover?

So far they have 0 WRs, 0 RBs, 0 TEs, 0 Ss, 0 DTs. They are still recruiting OL, LB(at least 2), CB.

Last edited:

None of us have actual information or can predict the future decisions of young student athletes, but we realize the some years there is considerable attrition. Who thought Akeel would leave? Stuff happens. It's a guess, and ours is as good as the next..... But if you believe you know more than others and focus only on your own opinion it's no wonder you have no idea on anyone else's.....
Are you responding to me?
Yep, lot of members a little edgy today, even me. I can smell the aroma of testosterone in the air. Can you/

I'll say 19. And here are the current 11 I would guess.
  1. Dotson
  2. Davis
  3. Stueber
  4. Pitts
  5. Holmes
  6. Hainsey
  7. Conliffe
  8. Hansard
  9. D. Johnson
  10. Anthony
  11. Wade
That class would be ranked 15-18 and probably 3rd in the Big Ten. with 11 4* commits.

Reactions: garw

Right, that number (17) appears to be a legit estimate as on today. 6/16/16. As if signing day was next week and CJF could fill the class of 17 by then.

It's the "Barring some really unforeseen events" that will get the number higher, as those "unforeseen events" always seem to happen. Sometimes not many (but some) and other times lots of them. Most agree that the current roster does not set up well for "lots" of those unforeseen events. But as they are "unforeseen", who knows? Someone above was right on when they called their estimate a "guess".....

1. Dotson
  2. Davis
  3. Stueber
  4. Pitts
  5. Holmes
  6. Hainsey
  7. Conliffe
  8. Hansard
  9. D. Johnson
  10. Anthony
  11. Wade
That class would be ranked 15-18 and probably 3rd in the Big Ten. with 11 4* commits.

I can't remember the position that Davis plays, but I fully expect that even if the number is just 17 that CJF takes at least 2 more LB's. The article on CJF & Co. working out the OLB from NY leads me to believe that CJF will have plan B LB's and will jump on them at the first moment that one of his main targets gets cold feet towards PSU............

1. Dotson
  2. Davis
  3. Stueber
  4. Pitts
  5. Holmes
  6. Hainsey
  7. Conliffe
  8. Hansard
  9. D. Johnson
  10. Anthony
  11. Wade

Do you think they will only take one more LB?

Reactions: Media Fan
Do you think they will only take one more LB?
I think they want more, but you don't take a lower caliber LB in place of the other guys on this list. Maybe if they go to 20 or one of these guys falls through

I just read we have one of the most "experienced" OL in the country !!!
OK, what does that mean ?? If your bad and experienced, does that make you good ???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT