ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin's handling of injuries leads to these type of questions to players.

Yep...Bingo. We still have zero clue what the injury is to KJ and the timetable. Just give the media and us vague details and at least u can use that...."it's a lower body injury that will take time." Or...."We are being careful with him until he feels 100%...but he is expected to play again."

Those examples are vague but at least provide something. I doubt we ever see KJ again until he goes to the NFL.

Like on tough 4th down decisions, I think Franklin spends too much time outsmarting himself with his own injury "protocol." Does anyone know or have video of when KJ got hurt? I'm just curious what even happened to him? Concussion, knee, death in the family?

Yep...Bingo. We still have zero clue what the injury is to KJ and the timetable. Just give the media and us vague details and at least u can use that...."it's a lower body injury that will take time." Or...."We are being careful with him until he feels 100%...but he is expected to play again."

Those examples are vague but at least provide something. I doubt we ever see KJ again until he goes to the NFL.
So what if we don't see KJ again? Can't we assume the reason is legit? You're just mad because you can't pass judgement on why we aren't seeing him play.

So what if we don't see KJ again? Can't we assume the reason is legit? You're just mad because you can't pass judgement on why we aren't seeing him play.
We live in the information age in CFB -- especially now with NIL. Fans, alumni, media, etc., especially in today's world should expect more info, heck at least a kernel of what is going on. For JF to scoff at the media for asking questions about why, in Nick's case, the best player on the team is missing practice is juvenile and lacking self-awareness. Some of the other coaches pressers that I listen to are either very open, or at least partially open as to player availability, etc. All of JF's wall of silence does is add to speculation.

It is none of our business. If they want to share their status, that is up to them. The coaches know and prepare. My knowledge of a player's status has zero to do with my life and well-being. The only people affected are bettors.

We live in the information age in CFB -- especially now with NIL. Fans, alumni, media, etc., especially in today's world should expect more info, heck at least a kernel of what is going on. For JF to scoff at the media for asking questions about why, in Nick's case, the best player on the team is missing practice is juvenile and lacking self-awareness. Some of the other coaches pressers that I listen to are either very open, or at least partially open as to player availability, etc. All of JF's wall of silence does is add to speculation.
And some operate on a need to know basis.

Like on tough 4th down decisions, I think Franklin spends too much time outsmarting himself with his own injury "protocol." Does anyone know or have video of when KJ got hurt? I'm just curious what even happened to him? Concussion, knee, death in the family?
He's going through a lot right now
Life isn't just about football

Those comments make it sound like it's not just about football but Winstin came out of the BGSU game after making a tackle and Franklin called it a leg injury. Who knows? The only thing that seems clear is that he won't be available to play at USC.

I said this in another thread but it's relevant here too... The mystery is not meant for you. It's meant for our opponents. You knowing or not knowing absolutely 100% does not change the actual availability of the player, but our opponents knowing/not knowing absolutely 100% affects their preparation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT