ADVERTISEMENT

Freestyle decoding assistance

nerfstate

Oct 10, 2017
I asked this in another thread, but it was probably lost in the awesome of the DT video I posted.

Whenever reviewing UWW results, they have a shorthand that explains the outcome of a match that eludes me--does anyone know what the following mean, or where i can find a legend? It's probably in french or something.
  • VSU (superiority? as in tech fall? then why the 1 below?)
  • VSU1
  • VPO (decision?)
  • VPO1
  • VIN (injury?)
  • VFA (fall?)
There may be others, i was looking at a incomplete list.

I asked this in another thread, but it was probably lost in the awesome of the DT video I posted.

Whenever reviewing UWW results, they have a shorthand that explains the outcome of a match that eludes me--does anyone know what the following mean, or where i can find a legend? It's probably in french or something.
  • VSU (superiority? as in tech fall? then why the 1 below?)
  • VSU1
  • VPO (decision?)
  • VPO1
  • VIN (injury?)
  • VFA (fall?)
There may be others, i was looking at a incomplete list.

Classification points are at the end as (winner/loser)
VSU - Victory by Technical Superiority, shutout (4/0)
VSU1 - Victory by Technical Superiority, opponent scoring at least one point (4/1)
VPO - Victory by points, shutout (3/0)
VPO1 - Victory by points, opponent scoring at least one point (3/1)
VIN - injury (5/0)
VFA - fall (5/0)
VCA - 3 cautions before the end of the bout (5/0)
VDQ - ...DQ (5/0)

Classification points are at the end as (winner/loser)
VSU - Victory by Technical Superiority, shutout (4/0)
VSU1 - Victory by Technical Superiority, opponent scoring at least one point (4/1)
VPO1 - Victory by points, opponent scoring at least one point (3/1)
VIN - injury (5/0)
VFA - fall (5/0)
VCA - 3 cautions before the end of the bout (5/0)
VDQ - ...DQ (5/0)
Thank you!

Am I interpreting this right? A 1-0 victory helps the team as much as an 11-1 victory? (Not including the tiebreaks which I assume are most 5 point scorers, most 4 point scorers, etc. or something like that.)

Am I interpreting this right? A 1-0 victory helps the team as much as an 11-1 victory? (Not including the tiebreaks which I assume are most 5 point scorers, most 4 point scorers, etc. or something like that.)

I'm not a full expert, but for international dual-meet types, the "bonus points" only apply if there is a tiebreaker situation. 6 matches to 4 always wins, regardless of how those wins happen.

Other than that, yes, 1-0 and 11-1 provide the same marginal classification points. I believe next tiebreaker would be the most *actual* points scored, so 11-1 would be worth 9 points in that tiebreaker scenario. (Edit: 9 marginal points vs 1-0)

I *think* classification points are also used for placement in round robin/"pool play" type scenarios.

Last edited:
Reactions: psumacw
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT