ADVERTISEMENT

Football Freshman WR Peter Gonzalez suffers long term injury

Pretty sad news. Hate seeing kids get hurt. And having two major injuries takes it toll.

Hope he works his way through. Tell him to call Adam Brenneman.

Sorry to hear that news and for Pete's sake, I hope 'long term' does not indicate 'life changed'.

We seem to be seeing new phrases such as 'interim suspension' and 'long term' injury that have no historical universal definition for their meaning.

Here in the Squirrel Hill area of Pittsburgh, we even had a 'threat-hoax'???

Not a fan of the new verbiage.....

Sorry to hear that news and for Pete's sake, I hope 'long term' does not indicate 'life changed'.

We seem to be seeing new phrases such as 'interim suspension' and 'long term' injury that have no historical universal definition for their meaning.

Here in the Squirrel Hill area of Pittsburgh, we even had a 'threat-hoax'???

Not a fan of the new verbiage.....
HIPAA. We live in a very litigious society. We just saw and will see, more on PSU vs the Team Dr. Espeically with the xfer portal and NIL, coaches have to be very careful not to handicap a player's market opportunity. If PSU violates a kid's HIPAA rights, you'd have lawyers crawling up the player's butts telling them they can be rich beyond their childhood dreams.

HIPAA. We live in a very litigious society. We just saw and will see, more on PSU vs the Team Dr. Espeically with the xfer portal and NIL, coaches have to be very careful not to handicap a player's market opportunity. If PSU violates a kid's HIPAA rights, you'd have lawyers crawling up the player's butts telling them they can be rich beyond their childhood dream
I'm certain HIPAA laws play a role, but updating a player's availability to the program without getting into the actual diagnosis and prognosis of the problem should be allowable.

I'd prefer 'we are still evaluating and determining' than the 'long term' injury which is much more ambiguous and open to conjecture.

JMO.

I'm certain HIPAA laws play a role, but updating a player's availability to the program without getting into the actual diagnosis and prognosis of the problem should be allowable.

I'd prefer 'we are still evaluating and determining' than the 'long term' injury which is much more ambiguous and open to conjecture.

JMO.
Fair enough. My guess is that they don't know. Kid was probably just injured and they are evaluating the plan in terms of correction and rehab. It sounded like the door was being left open for the player to return to play yet this season.

I’ll admit that I don’t know the technicalities, but would HIPAA actually apply here. Don’t they release detailed injury reports for the NFL? What would the difference be?

I’ll admit that I don’t know the technicalities, but would HIPAA actually apply here. Don’t they release detailed injury reports for the NFL? What would the difference be?
NFL has a Collective Bargaining Agreement with the player's union where the players gave up those rights so that gamblers have the info they need to bet. A big problem is that there is no union for college players so there is no way to collectively bargain.

Reactions: Lion_Backer

JMO.
A guy once said, he's got a knee or shoulder or ankle. That should be sufficient without violating anything.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
Franklin doesn't give info on injuries, this is nothing new and there's really no reason to do so as it could only serve to help our opponents prepare (less relevant for someone deep on the depth chart like Peter but CJF tries to be consistent). He'll only say if something is season ending or not. So I'd take this announcement to mean it's a multiple game injury, but not yet determined to be season ending.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT