ADVERTISEMENT

Future Big 10 ?

Funny thing with ESPNs analysis. At least they are factoring in returning starters and inbound players but let's look at their analysis for PSU as an example.

6 returning starters on offense so they count Clifford, Washington, strange, Tinsley, and Scruggs as departing starters which is technically correct. But Washington hasn't started since mid-season and our TE could even be better next year in spite of strange moving on. We lose OC Scruggs but have an OC that was basically a starter this year anyway and we get back our 1st round caliber LT as well. While it remains to be seen, Allar with a year under his belt may end up as an upgrade to Clifford.

On defense, even though they list us losing a starter at DE in Tarburton, the reps were actually I think more for Chop than for the lost starter.

I guess this can be the case at other schools but they probably also could have a starter or 2 announce for the NFL yet.

Last edited:
I see UM, tOSU, and PSU. Iowa at 25. Are you including USC? They don't join until 2024.
I'll believe OSU - in the top 2 or 3 - like we see every year when they can put together a decent defense - especially designed to stop the big, explosive plays like we've seen them give up over the last 2 to 3 years. That 14-point lead collapse against Georgia in the 4th quarter was the ultimate flop. They have the most on-paper talent in the conference and always find a way to screw it up

ADVERTISEMENT