ADVERTISEMENT

Future Lineups 2023-2026

f4e6b3b6b82a862991e50ff5d5c052b3.gif
More like...
giphy.gif

Reactions: NittanyLion84
I would tamp the brakes a bit on 2025. You have a few 6th or 7th-year Seniors in the line-up. Let's see how the Super Seniors at Iowa and Michigan do this year before projecting their return.

Personally, I think it's asking a lot to ask MEN 6-8 years out of HS to continue the grind and maintain the same level of motivation at the college level.
I would think 2 issues make an extended stay at college level difficult.
Job opportunities and health which would include injuries and weight cut.
If a student athlete decides to further his education to get 2nd degree or Master's I would think that the extra year or 2 Of competing would cater to their life choices.

Ummm. That wasn't @js8793 that said that. It was some other Iowa homer(raises hand). Not gonna apologize or feel silly for being optimistic about this team's potential. Granted, Iowa isn't currently looking like the juggernaut I thought they would, but still plenty of season left. Until the NCAA's are completed, I will still believe that my Hawks are going to find a way to win.
You damn Hawkeye fans…. ya’ll look the same. Lol. Yeah. I think when I gave reasons why to you that it wouldn’t be all that special, JS jumped in.

But really, nothing wrong with being a homer and optimistic. To most, it looked like Iowa was set up for something really special this year for sure. I just thought some things were gonna happen to derail all that. And yeah, Iowa still right in the thick of things. A lot could go down the rest of the season. Ain’t over by a long shot

Ummm. That wasn't @js8793 that said that. It was some other Iowa homer(raises hand). Not gonna apologize or feel silly for being optimistic about this team's potential. Granted, Iowa isn't currently looking like the juggernaut I thought they would, but still plenty of season left. Until the NCAA's are completed, I will still believe that my Hawks are going to find a way to win.
"GRIP220: "They can be as HAPPY as the want they are not going to win a team title again with this group. "
"I'm extremely excited about next season, the gap will widen and they know it."

He is correct in that the gap will "widen" just not in the direction Grip220 thought!!!

images

ready to fight alongside my hawkeye brother ‘til the end on the front lines of the great posting war
You two come here looking for my approval....you two come here looking validation from me and PSU fans. . I say this to you....

You can't handle the truth! Son, we post on a forum that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with brains. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant JS8793? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for JRod and his silly "special season" post... and you curse the one single Nit fan that called him out on it. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that JRods post , while tragic, saves online reputations. And my existence here, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves reputations. . You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about here or on HR, you want me on this wall. You need me on this wall. I use words like "honor", "code", "COMMON SENSE". I use these words as the backbone of a forum life spent defending something . You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very protection that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up some sense of reality here, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn who you think you are protecting!

Last edited:
You two come here looking for my approval....you two come here looking validation from me and PSU fans. . I say this to you....

You can't handle the truth! Son, we post on a forum that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with brains. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant JS8793? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for JRod and his silly "special season" post... and you curse the one single Nit fan that called him out on it. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that JRods post , while tragic, saves reputations. And my existence here, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves reputations. . You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about here or on HR, you want me on this wall. You need me on thist wall. I use words like "honor", "code", "COMMON SENSE". I use these words as the backbone of a forum life spent defending something . You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very protection that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up some sense of reality here, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn who you think you are protecting here!
Is this going to be one of those rare “I remember where I was when….” Moments in history?

You can't handle the truth! Son, we post on a forum that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with brains. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant JS8793? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for JRod and his silly "special season" post... and you curse the one single Nit fan that called him out on it. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that JRods post , while tragic, saves online reputations. And my existence here, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves reputations. . You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about here or on HR, you want me on this wall. You need me on this wall. I use words like "honor", "code", "COMMON SENSE". I use these words as the backbone of a forum life spent defending something . You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very protection that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up some sense of reality here, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn who you think you are protecting!
I think you and I have been getting along a little too well lately, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: johnstownsteel

tumblr_pw9s0v32P21s9a9yjo1_500.gif

This will go down as an all time classic!!! Congrats!!!!! I bow to you!!!!

I love lineup projections. I think my gophers are heading in a good direction finally. There’s an eventual lineup there of…

125 Troy Spratley (Top 15 class of 2022)
133 Aaron Nagao (just took 2nd at the scuffle as a true freshman)
141 Tagen Jamison (Fargo champ, class of 2022)
149 Cody Chittum (#1 2023)
157 ????
165 Hunter Lyden (top 50 2022)
174 Andrew Sparks (looked great until he tore his ACL against Joe Lee last year)
184 Isaiah Salazar/Max McEnelly (McEnelly Fargo champ and top 20 2023)
197 Gavin Nelson (top 5 2023)
HWT Bennett Tabor/Koy Hopke (top 30 guys in 2021 and 2024 respectively)

it’s weird that a lot of the big fish in the big ten are in need of guys in the 157-165 range long term at the same time. Believe PSU, Iowa, Michigan and Minnesota all have long term needs there. Shapiro is about to make some money.

It's pretty impressive when it's only January 9th and we already have 2 really good nominees for 2022 Posts of the Year!

I think I smell an end of the year poll coming 11 months down the road from now...

I love lineup projections. I think my gophers are heading in a good direction finally. There’s an eventual lineup there of…

157 ????
174 Andrew Sparks (looked great until he tore his ACL against Joe Lee last year)

it’s weird that a lot of the big fish in the big ten are in need of guys in the 157-165 range long term at the same time. Believe PSU, Iowa, Michigan and Minnesota all have long term needs there. Shapiro is about to make some money.
Good news for Minnesota: program getting reinvigorated.

Bad news: Jammen transfers back from Nebraska.

157 ????

Concerning your last sentences….
This will be our last year for at least 4 years that we have 57/65 woes.

This will be our last year for at least 4 years that we have 57/65 woes.
Right, Facundo is too talented to not turn it around and Shapiro is Jason Nolf 2.0 seems like an obvious PSU lock, just saying y’all could use a body or two in that area.

You can't handle the truth! Son, we post on a forum that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with brains. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant JS8793? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for JRod and his silly "special season" post... and you curse the one single Nit fan that called him out on it. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that JRods post , while tragic, saves online reputations. And my existence here, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves reputations. . You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about here or on HR, you want me on this wall. You need me on this wall. I use words like "honor", "code", "COMMON SENSE". I use these words as the backbone of a forum life spent defending something . You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very protection that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up some sense of reality here, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn who you think you are protecting
jts🤣, that was coffee spittin' hilarious!!

• Haha
Isn’t he expected to be more of a 165/174?
We had previously thought he'd go to 174/184, but the PSU coaches apparently believe he's in the 157/165 range.

Him competing at 157 at F&M instead of at 165 would make it seem like his growth spurt is slowing.

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE

FAVORITE.POST.EVER

• Haha
Also, 2022 high school senior Levi Haines just won the F&M Open at 157 and smashed Andrew Cerniglia in the semis.
Wrestlestat says it was an injury default, anyone watch the match and see how it was going until that happened? Given that you said smashed maybe he was up comfortably before it happened.

I'll say this much, if Levi can hold 157 his true freshman year, that suddenly makes me feel a lot better about 2023. Was worried how we would fare if we didn't plug 157 with RBY leaving. I was iffy how how much he could do as a true freshman but joining the room now is a huge move and seeing how he looked (particularly on the mats) at F&M makes me feel a lot better. Would love an Ayala/Hamiti like impact from him as a true freshman.

I'll say this much, if Levi can hold 157 his true freshman year, that suddenly makes me feel a lot better about 2023. Was worried how we would fare if we didn't plug 157 with RBY leaving. I was iffy how how much he could do as a true freshman but joining the room now is a huge move and seeing how he looked (particularly on the mats) at F&M makes me feel a lot better. Would love an Ayala/Hamiti like impact from him as a true freshman.
I prefer a Nico, zain, RBY, NLee, or Marky mark true freshman campaign

Of all the wrestlers coming in as a true freshman I'm more excited about Levi he is a beast and is wrestling way above my expectations. Relentless

Reactions: zzs006
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT