ADVERTISEMENT

FYI - PSU Womens Soccor in the final 4 vs Rutgers...Beginning 5pm on ESPNU

My Comcast provider requires ESPNU as another package to the bundle I pay close to $200 bills per month. Updates appreciated to those who have ESPNU.

Need to get DirecTV, I dropped comcast yrs ago and am glad I did, very happy with DirecTV.

About 10min in, PSU has been the agressor with a couple play into the box, but no shots from either side of any consequence yet.

Need to get DirecTV, I dropped comcast yrs ago and am glad I did, very happy with DirecTV.

About 10min in, PSU has been the agressor with a couple play into the box, but no shots from either side of any consequence yet.

Thanks. PSU needs to score first to keep RU from going into the turtle defense.

WVB at 7:30 and MHKY vs MSU at 7:00. Who schedules these events? Let WVB play early and let Dayton/Villanova play to an empty Rec Hall.

25 min to go 1st half...PSU continues to carry play as almost enitre 20min played in RU half of the field, but no shots yet.

PSU dominated play before the goal. Rutgers has committed more ladies to play up, so since the goal it's been mostly Rutgers. Just under 19:00 to go in the 1st half.

Woo Hoo. Forces RU to play more in favor of PSU's style. Just like in the B1G championship game.

PSU dominated play before the goal. Rutgers has committed more ladies to play up, so since the goal it's been mostly Rutgers. Just under 19:00 to go in the 1st half.

PSU has shutout every opponent in the playoffs. They play pretty good defense as well. Just hope they continue the offense.

play-by-play and color commentator are wrong about the potential hand ball. Rutgers did not get away with anything. The rule is deliberate use of the hands by the player, not did the ball hit the hand. The shot by Williams deflected off the Rutgers defender that was on her, and on the deflection played the hand of the other defender, who had no chance to react, but also made no effort to play the ball with her hand.

Reactions: doctornick
Halftime - PSU up 1 nil

RU def opened up since the PSU goal, but PSU still carrying the play most of the time. Good first half.

PSU with a good scoring chance at 43min mark 2nd half. Kicked it right to the keeper though.

PSU with the 1st shot of the 2nd half, but right at the Rutgers GK.

Play is a little more even to start the 2nd half, but PSU still seems to be more dominant.

OMG, PSU hits the post on a great play at 25+, so the score stays at 1-0. It was there. Great thru ball, and great shot.

Reactions: Nittany Ned2
Have we ever been to or won a national championship for women's soccer?

Going from memory, which is always dangerous,. but I think we've been to the College Cup (final 4) 3 times, but never made it to the championship game (and thus never won).

Reactions: cyrizzle
Going from memory, which is always dangerous,. but I think we've been to the College Cup (final 4) 3 times, but never made it to the championship game (and thus never won).

PSU lost to unc in the final in 2012.

No, I forgot 1 appearance. We've been to the College Cup 4 prior times.

I don't believe any of the prior teams made it to the Championship game, and I know that none ever won the Championship.

12:30 to go. PSU with a nice opportunity, but the ball is shot just wide, though PSU got a corner from it.

Rutgers clears the corner.

Then PSU scores shortly thereafter, and takes a 2-0 lead!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Pocono Lion
Riehl scored for PSU -- her 1st college goal. She is a defender, and came up on the attack. She put a nice left-footed shot on a ball after a poor clear by Rutger's D.

Where was Russ Rose when we needed him.....wait, he was winning NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS all over the country!

Never mind.....

8:00 left. PSU with another good opportunity, but blocked out of bounds. Rutgers committing more players to the attack, which could lead them vulnerable to a counter. PSU is controlling play, with 6:30 left.

Under 2, and a yellow card on Rutger's D as Weber got taken down. Clock stops in college for cards.

Now under 1:30, and ball still in Rutger's zone, with PSU in control

Under 30, and ball still in Rutger's zone. PSU just paying keepaway.

AND THA"S A WRAP ... PSU will play on Sunday in the final!

Thanks Tom for the updates. Go Ladies. Bring home another NC. Preliminary recruiting sites show PSU filling positions of need in 2016 (due to lack of scholarships) but killing it in recruiting for 2017 and 2018. The future is so bright I need to wear Blue and White shades.

Down goes Rutgers.......OHHHHHHHHH. ! That has to sting from the likes of TTFP and Ped U. No riots in Staten Island tonite!

Reactions: fairgambit
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT