ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Penn State set to take on Michigan State

I think this board constantly overreacts. We're up 11 heading into the 4th. They've scored 10 points through 3 quarters. Franklin isn't a great coach but if you aren't confident right now you haven't been watching Michigan State or Penn State very much this year.
Your post isn't aging well. Momentum is with MSU.

I mean, the game isn't exactly "meaningful" to either team but it's a game that we should be dominating. This is only the third time all year our performance hasn't been to the level it needs to be

You can't be serious. MSU would become bowl eligible with a win. PSU would qualify for a NY6 with a win, and likely get it with a dominant game. MSU loses and this WAS their bowl game.

Reactions: Onionbelly
Regardless of meaning to either team, you do not sleepwalk in front of your own fans like this. It’s been a dumb game with no imagination on offense other than a trick play.

Reactions: manilion
You can't be serious. MSU would become bowl eligible with a win. PSU would qualify for a NY6 with a win, and likely get it with a dominant game. MSU loses and this WAS their bowl game.
None of those things matter---they're not meaningful
I've said that all year

Regardless of meaning to either team, you do not sleepwalk in front of your own fans like this. It’s been a dumb game with no imagination on offense other than a trick play.
And How are wide receiver, threw a better pass than our quarterback can throw

Your post isn't aging well. Momentum is with MSU.
That's fine--sometimes players and coaches fail
I've been extremely supportive of Franklin this year. Only Purdue and Michigan were poor performances. We can add a third. There's zero excuse for this performance

I won't sit here and say that Sean Clifford doesn't hold back the offense because to a degree he does (he's been fine today) but the offensive line getting little push up front today on the ground is a major reason this is a 21-16 game right now.

Reactions: BudatPSU
It’s tuff to get a push with so many defenders in the box the fact we can’t take advantage with our passing game is disappointing

Reactions: bdgan and manilion
How many pass interference penalties does that make? Jeez.

Did you notice the MSU LBer grab #44's waist before ball was there on the last 1st down? No flag - and far worse than the bs call the bailed MSU out with in the EZ giving them a 1st down at the 2. Go figure.

None of those things matter---they're not meaningful
I've said that all year
So why didn’t they just cancel the games? Oh that’s right…BECAUSE THEY MATTER!

432162-B2-AFB4-4-C3-B-B882-E2156-E040-A22.gif

I won't sit here and say that Sean Clifford doesn't hold back the offense because to a degree he does (he's been fine today) but the offensive line getting little push up front today on the ground is a major reason this is a 21-16 game right now.

Our offense is like a tecmobowl offense. That's why the score us 21 to 16.

Instead of consistency we are always going with the gimmick

Crazy that teams have figured out what they are going to run outta that formation. Like they have tape on it or something

I did not like the play call even though we scored. A field goal would have put us up by 8.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT