ADVERTISEMENT

General PSU fan awareness of the wrestling dynasty

Not in this state it ain't
Add up the fans, it’s far down the list . I know diehard penn state fans that don’t pay attention to wrestling , they’re mainly football .
But if we look at high school , wrestling will be third at least behind football and basketball.

Add up the fans, it’s far down the list . I know diehard penn state fans that don’t pay attention to wrestling , they’re mainly football .
But if we look at high school , wrestling will be third at least behind football and basketball.
I suppose it's true. It's a major sport to me though...

i am not a wrestling fan per se, however, i always follow PSU wrestling and am particularly amazed at what Cael has done. My daughter dates a former Ohio St wrestler, and he tells me how OSU wrestling hates PSU. I said that's because we drag yo ass all over the mat.

Sounds like a perfect opportunity to ask if the robes they wore to Rec Hall in 2018 were retired or burned after we shocked the Buckeyes.

That would be the match where Kyle Synder said ‘ "Something about when you put them all together and they wear a Penn State singlet," he said. "I just want to destroy them. ... I just want to beat them worse than I've wanted to beat any team since I've been at Ohio State."

and had this famous tweet about hell coming to town

Yeah....... it's niche, go compare it to football and basketball, it's not even close. And I like wrestling, I watch every match I can.
It seems like we are heading toward an Iowa per capita discussion.....

giphy.gif

It seems like we are heading toward an Iowa per capita discussion.....

giphy.gif
Wrestling fans love wrestling , I always liked wrestling for certain reasons that I’m sure most fans do but honestly didn’t follow it as hard until psu blew up. I’ll admit I’m a newbie .
But as that happened l grew less interested in other sports. A lot.
I competed in powerlifting so I see certain similarities. Weight classes, cutting weight, great strength per lb. However the athleticism and stamina combined with the strength is something I enjoy.
Most people like ball sports , no pun intended lol.

• Love
Reactions: Creek Side
Hard to believe so many watch basketball, must be a gambling thing. Its not very entertaining. I haven’t watched a college bb game in probably 3 yrs and then only parts of a game or two, stopped watching NBA playoffs 6-7 yrs ago. To many crying millionaires like pro football.

Hard to believe so many watch basketball, must be a gambling thing. Its not very entertaining. I haven’t watched a college bb game in probably 3 yrs and then only parts of a game or two, stopped watching NBA playoffs 6-7 yrs ago. To many crying millionaires like pro football.
3 years? Try app 25-30 for both. Of course I might be older.

Well you may be older but I’ve never really watched much college bb other than a qrt or 2 of a cpl playoff games my whole life and i actually liked playing bb pickup games. Of course our pickup games sometimes turned into more of a rugby match lol.

Here's a couple:

Aunt Donnahs Roast Possum

“Possum should be cleaned as soon as possible after shooting. I should be hung for 48 hours and is then ready to be skinned and cooked. The meat is light-colored and tender. Excess fat may be removed, but is no strong flavor or odor contained in the fat.

1 possum 1 cup breadcrumbs
1 onion, chopped 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
1 tablespoon fat 1 teaspoon salt water
¼ teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce

Rub possum with salt and pepper. Brown onions in fat. Add possum liver and cook until tender. Add breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, egg salt and water. Mix thoroughly and stuff possum. Truss like a fowl. Put in roasting pan with bacon across back and pour water into pan. Roast uncovered in moderate oven (350 degrees) until tender, about 2 ½ hours. There's only one thing to serve possum with- sweet potatoes. You only eat possum in the winter.”

“Thez ugly ole varmit iz gud, but you gotta cook as much fat as you kin outta them'r yo' mouth will be kivered in fever blisters! Bleed possum furst, then dip in scaldin' water with a handful uv little rashes in it. (I presume/hope the cook meant radishes) Scrape hit lak a hog, gut' n be shore to cut out musk glands under the front laigs; soak overmite in salty water wid pepper added to taste. When tender, bake in greased pan'n put sweet taters all 'round him fore cooking; hit'll probably take 1 ½ to 2 hours to git him jest rite. “

i am not a wrestling fan per se, however, i always follow PSU wrestling and am particularly amazed at what Cael has done. My daughter dates a former Ohio St wrestler, and he tells me how OSU wrestling hates PSU. I said that's because we drag yo ass all over the mat.
Which Penn State wrestler was your daughter's boyfriend trying to avoid when he did the Ohio State intrasquad wrestle off? :rolleyes:

The father and mother of a girl on my daughters soccer team fenced at Stanford. The father being a national champ. At a picnic we were talking about our schools and he told his story about fencing and when I said about Penn State fencing he was taken back. I really only knew we were good and won championships. Did not know anything else. He was very complemtary of Penn State fencers.

he is from germany and fencing got him into stanford, got him a free degree and now he works for the FBI. But he said he has no desire to have his children do it and his NCAA medal is in case "somewhere". No pictures, no paper clippings. Nothing.

I thought that was a bit odd. A NCAA champ at anything is pretty impressive to me.

The community I live in is big into wrestling and its a community thing, but its still a niche sport pretty anywhere outside of D11 to me.

Reactions: danoftw
Wrestling fans love wrestling , I always liked wrestling for certain reasons that I’m sure most fans do but honestly didn’t follow it as hard until psu blew up. I’ll admit I’m a newbie .
But as that happened l grew less interested in other sports. A lot.
I competed in powerlifting so I see certain similarities. Weight classes, cutting weight, great strength per lb. However the athleticism and stamina combined with the strength is something I enjoy.
Most people like ball sports , no pun intended lol.
Ever run into a nitwit named ironturd while power lifting. He was probably documenting all the steroids being taken lmfao.

ADVERTISEMENT