ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia football program coming loose at the seems

Where is ESPN?!?!
ESPN and journalistic efforts are increasingly divided. The mantra at the top is not to make waves with sports programs, agencies, leagues, teams and or individual athletes. It all comes down to content. These entities have become so wealthy and large that they create their own content for airing. With a scaled down business model bereft of journalistic talent (where are the Bob Leys of the world) ESPN is sitting on journalistic work that exposes a lot but they dare not offend the new content producers who have formed multi-media firms (Brady, Jeter, LeBron, Jordan, et. al.) It's much more cost effective to simply accept the work of these athletes instead of committing talent and reporters to prepare their own content. The athlete wins because he/she can carefully vet and produce the content and ESPN gets content on the cheap. IT's a symbiotic relationship that leaves true journalism in the dust.

Or so it seems. They had the player killed in the DUI car crash after a late night at the strip club with staffers following their national championship celebration. And now this. https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...p&cvid=40cc360056d24bdf9ee400e40ff72b5c&ei=10

How are they coming loose at the seems? They are coming off of TWO national championships. Nobody cares about the story. Major news networks are not even covering it.

PS. Will the NCAA do any of the things they said Paterno should have done..

Last edited:
Reactions: tlbakernc
Where is ESPN?!?!
No one truly cares about this. Just like many other scandals. The "E" is ESPN is why they covered our story the way they did--plus the powers that be at Penn State wanted them to destroy us. This is completely a non-story. Would be at any school and probably is true for most schools. Allegations mean nothing in reality especially in this era.

Or so it seems. They had the player killed in the DUI car crash after a late night at the strip club with staffers following their national championship celebration. And now this. https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...p&cvid=40cc360056d24bdf9ee400e40ff72b5c&ei=10
Knock on wood, but this is why I am happy with Franklin as head coach, (although I wish he could beat TOSU and Michigan on a more regular basis). It seems that he runs a clean program, and he is not afraid to discipline and get rid of players that cannot or will not live up to the program standards.

Stayed in the same hotel as some older Georgia Alums prior to the TaxSlayer Bowl. Very decent people. They were very candid and also conflicted about the firing of Mark Richt. Generally held him in high esteem. They even intimated that the plan was to attract and retain talent....regardless of shall we say character and discipline? Unless Kirby Smart(ens) up, I predict this will not end well.

Stayed in the same hotel as some older Georgia Alums prior to the TaxSlayer Bowl. Very decent people. They were very candid and also conflicted about the firing of Mark Richt. Generally held him in high esteem. They even intimated that the plan was to attract and retain talent....regardless of shall we say character and discipline? Unless Kirby Smart(ens) up, I predict this will not end well.
Teams don't win at Georgia's level without being disciplined. Off the field stuff will always happen when you're dealing with 18-23 year olds. His objective is to win games--he's had no problem doing that.

And, yes, Most really liked Richt including me but he couldn't take them to the next level and had to go. Kirby Smart has taken them to that level. Richt's biggest mistake was going to Miami after he was let go.

Teams don't win at Georgia's level without being disciplined. Off the field stuff will always happen when you're dealing with 18-23 year olds. His objective is to win games--he's had no problem doing that.

And, yes, Most really liked Richt including me but he couldn't take them to the next level and had to go. Kirby Smart has taken them to that level. Richt's biggest mistake was going to Miami after he was let go.
Kirby is a sleaze ball.

All coaches are to some level. Again the objective is to win. Kirby does that as well if not better than any.
Perhaps winning is the only objective to you. IMO, the only time winning is the only important objective is war.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT