ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia/TCU

Love Kirby Smart's halftime interview
Also, I guess him calling out Bennett worked fine. 13/17 213 2 TDs along with 39 yards rushing and 2 additional scores in a half. Maybe Smart knew exactly what he was doing and how Bennett would respond?

As long as they have people enrolled just to play football, they're still pretending. The fans have stopped pretending but the schools haven't.
Separating school and athlete might actually even the field a bit. Then salary caps can be put in place. Make it a true minor league.

This won't be for every school though. Those that don't want in can play in a lower division, under a set of rules for what college athletics should be.

Separating school and athlete might actually even the field a bit. Then salary caps can be put in place. Make it a true minor league.

This won't be for every school though. Those that don't want in can play in a lower division, under a set of rules for what college athletics should be.

By "this won't be for every school" I hope you realize Penn State would be in the "minor league" level. I think that's what's eventually going to happen though it won't be sold how you are. The Big Ten and SEC will expand to 24 or so and breakaway.

By "this won't be for every school" I hope you realize Penn State would be in the "minor league" level. I think that's what's eventually going to happen though it won't be sold how you are. The Big Ten and SEC will expand to 24 or so and breakaway.
Okay, let the SEC and Big Ten expand to 24, and then cut it loose from the colleges other than colleges being sponsors.

Okay, let the SEC and Big Ten expand to 24, and then cut it loose from the colleges other than colleges being sponsors.
So, let's say that happens--what happens to the rest of FBS? Does it become as irrelevant as FCS? Would they be able to get good enough TV contracts to support multiple sports?
It still be never be considered anything other than student athletes even though we know better--it already isn't

I just looked it up and Spring Semester classes at the U of Georgia start today. (TCU doesn't start for another week.) So technically, all the players on the Georgia team are students at the U of Georgia (and I'm assuming the U of Georgia is technically covering their butts by making sure they're all officially enrolled now). How many of these guys are going to simply drop out of school after tonights game?

Franco Harris played in 31 football games in his entire college career. There are probably 100 guys in this game tonight that played in nearly half that many this season alone. (This is the 15th game for both teams.)

Ohio State outplayed Georgia and lost their best receiver with two quarters to play.
By the 4th quarter OSU was without their top 3 RB's, top 2 WR's and their starting TE. On the other hand their defense sucked and they had just about everybody.

I just looked it up and Spring Semester classes at the U of Georgia start today. (TCU doesn't start for another week.) So technically, all the players on the Georgia team are students at the U of Georgia (and I'm assuming the U of Georgia is technically covering their butts by making sure they're all officially enrolled now). How many of these guys are going to simply drop out of school after tonights game?
They don't have to be enrolled today to play

I am honestly not convinced either way for how PSU would go. Under the old regime definitely minor leagues. Under the new president and AD? Not sure. Guess it would depend on how it's set up and how much money is to be made.

I can see the SEC and BIG doing that. Ask existing members who's in, cut those that aren't loose. Split up those who are. Those that are out reform conferences with true student athletes, similar to FCS, D2, etc.

The NCAA is dead. As is most of the competitive balance. Whatever causes a collapse of this current system is fine by me.

UGA looks like they have 10-15 more NFL bound.
And probably 10-15 more that think they're NFL bound. I'd love to know what percentage of their players (and TCUs too) whose eligibility is up after tonights game are going to bother to stick around for a semester of free education.

BTW, since the cost of one year of college today costs as much as four years of college 50 years ago, passing up one free semester of college today equates to passing up two free years 50 years ago.

They don't have to be enrolled today to play
That's even worse. How can non-students play? Or, if non-students can play, why can't any non-student play, such as ones that never bother to enrolled in the U of Georgia in the first place?

The NCAA is dead. As is most of the competitive balance. Whatever causes a collapse of this current system is fine by me.
Completely unaware on their part but I'm still convinced how they handled our situation was the beginning of the end of them--wish it was a faster death

Reactions: PAgeologist
That's even worse. How can non-students play? Or, if non-students can play, why can't any non-student play, such as ones that never bother to enrolled in the U of Georgia in the first place?
Football is a fall sport--they only have to be enrolled in the fall. Same would be true of Penn State players who played in the bowl but weren't going back to school in the spring. It's probably been this way for decades.

Refs must be ready to go home. Hold on punt before a return had a chance. No DPI on UGA. Meh.

Football is a fall sport--they only have to be enrolled in the fall. Same would be true of Penn State players who played in the bowl but weren't going back to school in the spring. It's probably been this way for decades.
Just out of curiosity, what if the playoffs get bigger and bigger and the championship games gets pushed back to mid or late-January. Can they still be non-students?

Just out of curiosity, what if the playoffs get bigger and bigger and the championship games gets pushed back to mid or late-January. Can they still be non-students?
Why not? I don't see any difference between playing on 1/2 or today or a week from now

Bowers might be the first TE to be the first overall pick

It will be like the one and dones in basketball. Care just enough for first semester, enroll in the second just to play out season.

This is probably the worst championship game ever but it's Michigan's fault. They were the second best team all year and they laid an egg thanks to Harbaugh.
It will be interesting to see if two SEC teams get in regardless next year after seeing this.

Ya I’m not sure how Ohio state can close the gap on that one point they loss by lmao
If u read the discussion, it was how UGA has great players all over the field....not just on offense, which OSU does. TCU beat Michigan....are they really better? Michigan would have whipped their ass if they didn't gift wrap 3 scores. OSU hasn't closed the gap vs Michigan in the last 2 yrs...it helps OSU when u have a month off and a better matchup systematically in playing UGA.

That means you can get him cheap next year. Prime bounce back candidate.

Biggest issue I think is Atlanta. They just don't have a good offense. Pitts doesn't get the targets. TE is a fantasy wasteland anyhow. Even Andrews was weak this year. Kelce or luck this past year.

If u read the discussion, it was how UGA has great players all over the field....not just on offense, which OSU does. TCU beat Michigan....are they really better? Michigan would have whipped their ass if they didn't gift wrap 3 scores. OSU hasn't closed the gap vs Michigan in the last 2 yrs...it helps OSU when u have a month off and a better matchup systematically in playing UGA.
Amd this game would be closer if Georgia made equally stupid decisions. Coaching matters and Jimmy sucked ass that night.

Biggest issue I think is Atlanta. They just don't have a good offense. Pitts doesn't get the targets. TE is a fantasy wasteland anyhow. Even Andrews was weak this year. Kelce or luck this past year.
I really like Tyler Allgeier and Drake London made strides. Ridder isn't the answer but if they get a QB (Carr maybe) they could win the South easily

Another TD for Bennett

Reactions: lazydave841
ADVERTISEMENT