ADVERTISEMENT

Giving Thanks

Callthestall

Mar 14, 2016
I want to post this on Thanksgiving but was to busy. I had a dramatic event happen to me me on November 2. I was hit by a pickup truck as a pedestrian. Without going into a lot of details the driver of truck suffered sun glare and didn't see me in road. I got hit head on and then my rear legs were run over by his rear tires. I suffered nasty gash in back of my head, concussion, broken clavicle and 5 broken ribs.
I was in hospital for 3 days. With everything that could of happened I am very fortunate it wasn't worst.
In life I think we take our health and the ability to function with normalcy for granted. I think when I read and see people act as sports is their biggest priority of life, they are overlooking what is truly important.
Be grateful and give thanks for what you have and understand that life can change in a moment.

I want to post this on Thanksgiving but was to busy. I had a dramatic event happen to me me on November 2. I was hit by a pickup truck as a pedestrian. Without going into a lot of details the driver of truck suffered sun glare and didn't see me in road. I got hit head on and then my rear legs were run over by his rear tires. I suffered nasty gash in back of my head, concussion, broken clavicle and 5 broken ribs.
I was in hospital for 3 days. With everything that could of happened I am very fortunate it wasn't worst.
In life I think we take our health and the ability to function with normalcy for granted. I think when I read and see people act as sports is their biggest priority of life, they are overlooking what is truly important.
Be grateful and give thanks for what you have and understand that life can change in a moment.
Dang. Best of luck with the recovery.

Wow. That is unbelievable. Glad you survived it and hoping for some quick healing.
Thanksgiving on steroids.
giphy.gif

Ugh. Thankfully it wasn't worse. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Likewise to @Str8DBLz's son.

This morning we discovered a burst pipe in our basement, spraying all over. Our regular plumber couldn't come because he was driving to the ER, his brother-in-law was about to undergo emergency surgery and might lose an eye. Suddenly my basement issue wasn't so bad. (We found a backup plumber, and now just have cleanup.)

Ugh. Thankfully it wasn't worse. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Likewise to @Str8DBLz's son.

This morning we discovered a burst pipe in our basement, spraying all over. Our regular plumber couldn't come because he was driving to the ER, his brother-in-law was about to undergo emergency surgery and might lose an eye. Suddenly my basement issue wasn't so bad. (We found a backup plumber, and now just have cleanup.)
I was thinking the same - Put in perspective I was complaining far to much about replacing a fan relay in the furnace.

Great perspective! Thx for the share and reminder. What a miraculous experience for you. Kind of like the guy in the news who fell off that cruise ship a couple days ago and somehow managed to tread water for hours until, incredibly, the Coast Guard found and rescued him.

Wishing you the speediest and most complete of recoveries!

Sorry you suffered such a horrific incident, but damn happy you are doing OK.

Callthestall, I am thankful your injuries were not much worse! I concur with everything you had to say. Several years ago the brakes went out in my car. I crashed into a ravine at 40 mph and flipped upside down. Coincidentally, I suffered five broken ribs like you along with a multi-fractured sternum and a broken bone in my back. I am so glad we are both here today! May God bless you (and he definitely already has!). Gaylon

55db3db9c6e2ad8f-photo.jpg

Wow, glad you're ok and now getting better! One thing knee surgery taught me was that replacement parts are not as good as the originals, even after 7 back surgeries I was still wrestling daily, after knee surgery I'm lucky to crawl back off the mat.

Hope you continue to heal and are back to 100% soon!

ADVERTISEMENT