ADVERTISEMENT

Great Blue White Weekend--local law enforcement est 18k didn't go into game

PA college fan

Jun 26, 2001
Add that to the 68k that went in, it was a great crowd of 86k. Tailgating seemed spirited, to say the least. Some dazed people post game, but didn't see any fights or problems.

It was great seeing Franklin and his daughter do the 5k race, and pre-race, it was a great scene with some current players, including Cabinda dancing with Shola below the stage, with Mrs. Paterno, Franco, Franklin all up on stage. Race brought in 400K for Special Olympics PA, their biggest fundraiser, going strong at year 6. Our own Lubrano made a big donation and represented my Class of 82 well!!

I was wondering about that. After the 1st quarter, although three sides of the stadium were pretty full, I couldn't help but think it should look fuller after walking through the lots about 3:50. Indeed, the tailgating was game (big game) day normal.

Re: the "dazed" people...

We left at the beginning of the 3rd Q. IMO the lot was unlike any football Saturday I've witnessed post-game in the past. Seemed to be a lot of tailgating during the game. My 8 YO got quite an education on the walk to the car, and I'll leave it at that.

A group of students tailgating next to my car were obviously hammered, but very courteous and respectful to us and helped us move tailgating gear in order to get out.

What a beautiful day though. My daughter insists on visiting the shrine every trip. We have never waited this long for a photo before. A very good day for us.

I'll add that, although you get a lot of false readings from this game, Nassib appears to be the next great DE.

Originally posted by Lions8286:

I'll add that, although you get a lot of false readings from this game, Nassib appears to be the next great DE.
He is turning into a beast it looks like. Looked unstoppable a few times and I don't think it was all the line blocking.

I was thinking Brad Scioli.

I didn't see any of the second half and haven't caught the replay on BTN, but was wondering if he did anything after I left. Seems we've had at least one really good DE every year dating back back to the mid 80's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT