ADVERTISEMENT

Great news…the new Palmer Art Museum is now open!

I bet this will make it hard to fill up Beaver Stadium on Saturdays. Might still have a chance since there isn't a Centre County Opera
well, if it is a noon kickoff, you'll have to get to the museum by 9:30 if you want to complete your paper sunflower and still make the kickoff.

1544309_5b996.gif

Reactions: Hotshoe
It will be over run by Pitt fans. After all, you can only go to the museums in Pittsburgh a certain number of Saturdays before you’ve seen everything.

• Haha
Reactions: JimNazium
The entire PA university system is a case study in incompetence. Generations of leaders who could run a lemonade stand into bankruptcy. Check out the tuition of other B1G schools. Even NY is much less expensive.
FL also has about 60 community colleges, many offering 4yr degrees at even lower cost. My grandson is going into 7th grade and is on track to get free tuition at any FL university. AND, we have no income tax.

Last edited:
There was a time when I wouldn't have thought an art museum on a public college campus mattered but that time is past. Really, what is the point of an art museum on a college campus? It's just one thing but that's the thing...this is just one thing and that is just one thing and that other thing is just one thing, on and on. And it adds up to a lot. And none of it is related to education. And also, usually it's stuff that blue collar and working class people don't engage in but stuff that elites do. It does nothing more than dividing people further than they already are while taking public money to do it.

A private university can do whatever it wants but a public university should be subject to the will of the public that funds it.

There was a time when I wouldn't have thought an art museum on a public college campus mattered but that time is past. Really, what is the point of an art museum on a college campus? It's just one thing but that's the thing...this is just one thing and that is just one thing and that other thing is just one thing, on and on. And it adds up to a lot. And none of it is related to education. And also, usually it's stuff that blue collar and working class people don't engage in but stuff that elites do. It does nothing more than dividing people further than they already are while taking public money to do it.

A private university can do whatever it wants but a public university should be subject to the will of the public that funds it.
Yes and considering there already was a museum on campus and this is the NEW and improved museum. Great if you are flush with cash but a waste of money if you're not. Messed up priorities.

Reactions: bison13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT