ADVERTISEMENT

Great story: Survivor winner donates entire million dollar prize to veterans

The Spin Meister

Gold Member
Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
So the guy that won the latest season of Survivor announced he is donating the entire one million dollar prize to Veterens in Need in memory of his father who was a Green Barrett. Hope that warms your heart this Christmas and Hanakuh season.

Last edited:
I USE to never miss an episode. When Jeff let the woke morons dictate whether he should stop saying "come on in guys", I gave up. Haven't watched since. But nonetheless, seems like a great gesture by this winner.
Yeah, that whole season sucked and it was actually just one woke moron. But it is a good example of where we’re at in society today….one person out of 18 thought he should stop saying it, so he had to stop saying it after 40 seasons.

Reactions: republion
I USE to never miss an episode. When Jeff let the woke morons dictate whether he should stop saying "come on in guys", I gave up. Haven't watched since. But nonetheless, seems like a great gesture by this winner.
I stopped halfway through that season. That incident started the downfall. Then the race card got played. Then I read that CBS had a quota system to be sure there was enough diversity. There were other things, too. See ya!!

Reactions: republion
Survivor was a favorite of mine for many years but, to my tastes, has been going downhill. In an attempt to stay fresh, it has complicated itself with too many twists and turns, making things at times harder to follow. There is also obvious cost-cutting. We don't see many rewards that intersect with the locals, and often the reward challenge is merged with the immunity challenge.

Then there is the group identity woke nonsense that CBS is pushing. I could go on quite a bit about this but it would evolve into a thread for the Test Board. Enough said. I will vote with my remote.

This donation did a lot to counter the show's slide. It was total class from an individual in an environment that often exhibits no class at all. Well done Gabler.

This was pretty impressive. It is good to see this type of behavior in today's society. May he receive many blessings.

? It’s poor etiquette to put obvious spoilers in thread titles for tv shows/movies.

Of the final 5, Gabler was very pro veteran throughout the season. None of the other were.
I would say get a life. But that seems obvious at this point.

I stopped halfway through that season. That incident started the downfall. Then the race card got played. Then I read that CBS had a quota system to be sure there was enough diversity. There were other things, too. See ya!!
For many seasons now, there has been plenty of diversity. In fact, I would venture to guess that the population % of minorities on the show far exceeds the general population of the USA. That’s at least true for blacks but don’t know about Hispanics and Asians/Pacific Islanders. The show could definitely use some native Americans and Amish to even things up😜. Seriously though, the paraolympian was also a great story this season; She preformed very well.

For many seasons now, there has been plenty of diversity. In fact, I would venture to guess that the population % of minorities on the show far exceeds the general population of the USA. That’s at least true for blacks but don’t know about Hispanics and Asians/Pacific Islanders. The show could definitely use some native Americans and Amish to even things up😜. Seriously though, the paraolympian was also a great story this season; She preformed very well.

I think the cast should be representative of the citizenry. It is not. Period.

I quit watching after three or four years. They started to recruit people that were all attention whores just for ratings. And attention whores wanted on after seeing the first few season generate a ton of publicity for various contestants. Ruined the entire vibe of the show.

Survivor kind of revolutionized a lot of media and entertainment. What they do is go to a remote place and run the contest. They film thousands and thousands of hours of stuff. They come back to the studio and look at the tape. They then back into the story narrative they want the audience to see. "Lisa" is the vampy good-looking one. "Bill" is the country rube. "Skip" is the successful corporate one. "Lisa" is an incredible athlete. "Sandy" is the funny one. "Henry" is the dishonest one. "Jake" is the win-at-any-cost one. Etc.

They then add in some dialog and tape people saying stuff to add narrative and fill in the blanks. They then put it together to give the audience some entertainment package that isn't real.

I one of the first seasons, there was a really good-looking gal who was portrayed as the one who would sell her body and attractiveness to stay on the island but was really exposed as a Bitch. In the live "big reveal" show, she tried to defend herself and said the way she was portrayed wasn't real. She said that was the way the producers wanted her to be portrayed. The convo was irritating the host. They went to a commercial and she was no longer on the set/stage. Later, I met a person who said they were a "writer" for the show Survivor. I said "writer? I thought that was a reality show?" He laughed and told me how it was done.

I have always wondered if the show went the way they thought it would go. in the first season they immediately started getting rid of strong people, and I bet that was a little bit of a surprise and right away Richard Hatch devised the idea of alliance.

Was Burnett looking for survival or the social experiment it became? I don't think I have ever heard them interviewed on what they expected versus what they got.

I still can’t believe the title was full of a possible spoiler. I am devastated. I will probably get in my car alone with a mask and drive around town.

I have always wondered if the show went the way they thought it would go. in the first season they immediately started getting rid of strong people, and I bet that was a little bit of a surprise and right away Richard Hatch devised the idea of alliance.

Was Burnett looking for survival or the social experiment it became? I don't think I have ever heard them interviewed on what they expected versus what they got.
Exactly. In any true survival situation, you’d want the strong, competent, level-headed people around as long as possible - not boot them off because they were a threat.

In one early season, they quickly booted Hunter off. A nice, calm Air Force (?) vet who clearly seemed like a team player. I think the winner that year was the cute moronic girl who just rode coattails.

Exactly. In any true survival situation, you’d want the strong, competent, level-headed people around as long as possible - not boot them off because they were a threat.

In one early season, they quickly booted Hunter off. A nice, calm Air Force (?) vet who clearly seemed like a team player. I think the winner that year was the cute moronic girl who just rode coattails.
Ah man, you asshole. I haven’t seen that season yet. Thanks for the spoiler.

Please read message for 100% sarcasm.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT