ADVERTISEMENT

Great Video - Offensive Tackles

Gorki224

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2021

This highlights what I've been saying all off season. That Drew Shelton and J'Ven Williams should not be starting LTs in 2024.

He starts with Shelton. He has to show Shelton vs Delaware just to highlight the good. But watch how bad and easy Shelton gets beat the few plays he shows vs Ole Miss. Tengwall is only showing a few plays for a short video, but those two plays of Shelton vs Ole Miss is how bad he got beat in Pass Pro in 90% Pass plays vs Ole Miss. I went back and rewatched all his pass plays vs Ole Miss, so I'm not just saying this. Shelton will not hold up vs good teams.

J'ven can't even block Delaware guys.

Now on the flip side look at how much better Rucci and Donkoh were. Donkoh will be the best OT on the team. He got beat vs Ole Miss because of mental mistakes NOT physical. It was Donkohs first game starting at OT. I don't know why he didn't show any plays of Donkoh in Pass Pro vs Ole Miss because he played great.

Even though Rucci wasn't perfect look at the difference compared to Shelton. Shelton couldn't block Ole Miss DEs. Rucci got bull rushed a bit NOT by DEs but big LSU 300lb DTs. 260lb DEs will not bull rush Rucci the same. Also Rucci was barely 300lbs at Wisconsin and is about 315lbs now at PSU.

Rucci is the better LT over Shelton.

Last edited:
Reactions: psu skp
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.