ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Groundhog's Day

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
I saw this and thought it was funny.

But my favoring GHD joke is:

An immigrant decides he wants his US Citizenship so he goes to take the test and keeps failing. Finally, the agent feels bad for him and says "I'll make this test easy on you. I'll name a holiday celebrated in America and if you can describe it, I'll grant your citizenship."

"the Fourth of July." The immigrant thinks for a few minutes and says "Oh, I've got this. the 4th of July is when Americans dress up in green, have parades, drink green beer, and pretend they are Irish!"

No says the agent. Let's try again. Labor Day. The immigrant thinks for a few minutes and says "Is it the day when Americans kill a large bird and roast it along with a feast of other foods and give thanks for their health, bounty and well-being?

No says the Agent. Then he says, I am sorry but you are just too dumb to be an American citizen. The immigrant says "no wait, one more chance, I know I can do this!" The agent says OK, one more shot, if you don't get it, we are done. The immigrant says OK.

So the agent thinks and decides he said a holiday celebrated in America and decides to use a holiday known worldwide. the agent says "describe Easter." The immigrant jumps up excitedly and yells "I know this! These Romans kill Jesus. His followers put his body in a hole and he is resurrected on Easter and this is celebrated by Christians worldwide...". The agent interrupts and says "You did it, congratulations on your American citizenship!" The immigrant says "no wait, let me finish. After Jesus comes out of the hole, if he sees his shadow, we get six more weeks of winter."

I saw this and thought it was funny.

But my favoring GHD joke is:

An immigrant decides he wants his US Citizenship so he goes to take the test and keeps failing. Finally, the agent feels bad for him and says "I'll make this test easy on you. I'll name a holiday celebrated in America and if you can describe it, I'll grant your citizenship."

"the Fourth of July." The immigrant thinks for a few minutes and says "Oh, I've got this. the 4th of July is when Americans dress up in green, have parades, drink green beer, and pretend they are Irish!"

No says the agent. Let's try again. Labor Day. The immigrant thinks for a few minutes and says "Is it the day when Americans kill a large bird and roast it along with a feast of other foods and give thanks for their health, bounty and well-being?

No says the Agent. Then he says, I am sorry but you are just too dumb to be an American citizen. The immigrant says "no wait, one more chance, I know I can do this!" The agent says OK, one more shot, if you don't get it, we are done. The immigrant says OK.

So the agent thinks and decides he said a holiday celebrated in America and decides to use a holiday known worldwide. the agent says "describe Easter." The immigrant jumps up excitedly and yells "I know this! These Romans kill Jesus. His followers put his body in a hole and he is resurrected on Easter and this is celebrated by Christians worldwide...". The agent interrupts and says "You did it, congratulations on your American citizenship!" The immigrant says "no wait, let me finish. After Jesus comes out of the hole, if he sees his shadow, we get six more weeks of winter."
Just saw a sign for this here in Florida. Didn’t know what it was so googled. This is their page….

Reactions: Obliviax
I just heard the commercial here yesterday. They actually say something along the lines of "see the artistic beauty of China before communism." I almost blew my coffee out through my nose...
Saw it advertised on tv and looked very interesting. But figured it was Chinese sponsored. So is this group not funded by the Chinese government? Is it fully independent? Maybe even a group against the Chicoms?

ADVERTISEMENT