ADVERTISEMENT

Harbaugh is a much better coach

Marylovesthelions

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2008
Mt Dora FL
and much more typical of a Penn State coach than James Franklin
1. He is not self promoting. Never speculating if he is entertaining other offers.
2. His teams play hard nosed fb and control the LOS.
3. Recruits mean kids in the trenches and trains them well.
4. His kids excell in all fundamentals, Franklin's don't
5. Like James he runs,a,super clean program.
6. Wins the big games except for OSU
I managed a team of 7 managers when I was retired. Had one of my managers had a bad year like James in 2020 and demanded a huge raise the next year, I would have fired them. IMHO, James showed a serious lack of character all of last year in his salary renegotiating. IMHO, Harbaugh is a man of better character and success in leading young men.
Kraft needs to have a come to Jesus talk with James to outline desired improvement. If he does not improve, make a change next year.

He is now, that is unquestionable. He said that he would fix it after 2020 and fix it he did. We got the same spew from Franklin after 2020 and can barely pick up a yard against UM in 2022. We are locked in. Time to face that UM played situation much smarter. We rewarded mediocrity and hubris with a big extension

Reactions: 84Lion
You forgot this.
The football coach sent more than $1.5 million to those impacted by pandemic-related pay cuts. In late January, money that had been intended for Michigan football coach Jim Harbaugh began showing up in the bank accounts of other Michigan athletics department employees.

1. He is not self promoting. Never speculating if he is entertaining other offers.
I managed a team of 7 managers when I was retired. Had one of my managers had a bad year like James in 2020 and demanded a huge raise the next year, I would have fired them. IMHO, James showed a serious lack of character all of last year in his salary renegotiating. IMHO, Harbaugh is a man of better character and success in leading young men.
Kraft needs to have a come to Jesus talk with James to outline desired improvement. If he does not improve, make a change next year.
Slight exception to number 1 - he had been speculated for a number of pro jobs. Whether he was looking or his seat was hot, it was there. Not as blatant as JF, but it was there.

Reactions: Marylovesthelions
Slight exception to number 1 - he had been speculated for a number of pro jobs. Whether he was looking or his seat was hot, it was there. Not as blatant as JF, but it was there.
It was super blatant. He wasted an entire post-playoff recruiting class over it.

Reactions: MacroMo and KCLion
His defense is the priority and his offense has an identity. So yes he is better.

His defense is the priority and his offense has an identity. So yes he is better.
That is typical Rip Engle and Joe Paterno football which is traditional Penn State football.. No glitz no glamor just nose to nose and beat the guy in front of you. 60+ years. PS wonderful halftime adjustments. Maybe James could do better if he hired a few more $100,000+ experts to help.

Last edited:
Reactions: 84Lion
Bump (emphasis mine)

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeParulz
Question is then who is out there that is a Penn State guy? What is a guy that can beat Ohio State, or Michigan? Harbaugh had to take a payout heading in 2021. He turned it around following that, but before that he was very Franklin type. Couldn't beat Ohio State, had losses to Michigan State, Iowa, Minnesota. He would likely had been fired had they not backed out of that Ohio State game in 2020. They would have been blown out.

Jim has eyed several NFL gigs the last few years as well.

Second question. Was Urban Meyer a Ohio State guy? Is Ryan Day? Urban is an Ohio guy that even won a title there, but he isn't/ wasn't an Ohio State guy. Day has an Ohio State team this year that resembles an old time Ohio State program, outside of the offensive line.

He definitely doesn’t run a clean program so #5 is way off. And they haven’t started winning these big games until spygate started up.

• Wow
Reactions: Westcoast24

You were promoting Franklin a year ago, now you think he's shit...you sound like a flake

Urban was Joe's hand picked successor and that's fact. Say what you want about Meyer but I will take him over Franklin every day and twice on Sunday.

Let me add another thing: Kraft is not enamored with Franklin the way you think he is. Kraft is serious. His handling of that basketball situation was excellent in every way: He went out and got the absolutely perfect hire and the best coach he could possibly get, and he will do that in football too. If Meyer is in play, Kraft will make it happen.

You think Georgia or Alabama are going to let a buy out stop them? Hell no. Kraft is serious and Sandy is dead and gone now.

Exactly. And this spygate looks pretty bad. Hell, it was reported yesterday the one particular UM staffer in question had tickets for the PSU—OSU game in Columbus.
Holy cow, if they stole the signals for all of those flea flickers, we're doomed!!

• Haha
Reactions: Psubiomed
ADVERTISEMENT