Heartbreaking story. Dying alone with family next door.

TN Lion

Sep 6, 2001
Had lunch today with a friend whose father passed from Covid back in late spring of 2020. I knew his father 82 years old had died in a local hospital at the time. What I didn't know until today is that his mother at the time also had Covid. We all know that hospitals prohibited even immediate family members to visit their loved ones on their death beds. As mentioned his mother had Covid at the same time. She was in the hospital in the room next to her husband and was prohibited from seeing him. I almost couldn't believe what he was telling me. I said, they both had covid and so why were they not allowed to see one another? He told me that the hospital said that they might have different strains of covid. But they both lived together in the same house, same bed and still the hospital would not relent.

The husband died alone. She managed to defeat the disease and the hospital calls my friend one day and says, come pick up your mother and take her home. He said that he needed time to find a nursing home. She and the hospital was aware that she was suffering from early stage dementia. Her husband had been her care taker. She was forcibly discharged. My friend was in a bind trying to find a nursing home on a day's notice. It took him a few weeks that he had to leave his job and stay with his mother as she would unsupervised, just leave the house and walk away.

Very sad story and while those in authority need to pay for their lies and inhumane treatment of people, we all know it will never happen.

BW Lion

Apr 9, 2020
Had lunch today with a friend whose father passed from Covid back in late spring of 2020. I knew his father 82 years old had died in a local hospital at the time. What I didn't know until today is that his mother at the time also had Covid. We all know that hospitals prohibited even immediate family members to visit their loved ones on their death beds. As mentioned his mother had Covid at the same time. She was in the hospital in the room next to her husband and was prohibited from seeing him. I almost couldn't believe what he was telling me. I said, they both had covid and so why were they not allowed to see one another? He told me that the hospital said that they might have different strains of covid. But they both lived together in the same house, same bed and still the hospital would not relent.

The husband died alone. She managed to defeat the disease and the hospital calls my friend one day and says, come pick up your mother and take her home. He said that he needed time to find a nursing home. She and the hospital was aware that she was suffering from early stage dementia. Her husband had been her care taker. She was forcibly discharged. My friend was in a bind trying to find a nursing home on a day's notice. It took him a few weeks that he had to leave his job and stay with his mother as she would unsupervised, just leave the house and walk away.

Very sad story and while those in authority need to pay for their lies and inhumane treatment of people, we all know it will never happen.
I will not shed a tear if something unfortunate happens to Fauci and/or Birx.

Aardvark86

Jan 23, 2018
My brother died of Covid in December 2020, though to be fair, he was a train wreck of comorbidities (ESRD transitioning to dialysis). He'd actually 'stolen' a nice last year of life after having been found by cops breaking into his house a year before after a diabetic crash with a body temp of 68 degrees, and survived it! Anyway, he spent his last days sedated on a respirator in the hospital, and the process of being able to get into the facility to say my farewell was quite the ordeal at the time.

And the first time I'd seen my mother (who'd been in a nursing home) for the better part of a year was when we were able to 'spring' her following early vaccination to attend his funeral at Ft. Indiantown Gap.

• Sad
Reactions: The Spin Meister

TN Lion

Sep 6, 2001
My brother died of Covid in December 2020, though to be fair, he was a train wreck of comorbidities (ESRD transitioning to dialysis). He'd actually 'stolen' a nice last year of life after having been found by cops breaking into his house a year before after a diabetic crash with a body temp of 68 degrees, and survived it! Anyway, he spent his last days sedated on a respirator in the hospital, and the process of being able to get into the facility to say my farewell was quite the ordeal at the time.

And the first time I'd seen my mother (who'd been in a nursing home) for the better part of a year was when we were able to 'spring' her following early vaccination to attend his funeral at Ft. Indiantown Gap.
Just awful what so many people had to endure at that time with sick loved one. Sorry to hear about your brother.