Hochul Is Done

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019

Former Trump campaign manager and pollster Kellyanne Conway commented on how the issue of crime is defining the New York gubernatorial race between Democrat Kathy Hochul and GOP Rep. Lee Zeldin, Sunday evening on FOX News:

KELLYANNE CONWAY: What voters know is that the three most poisonous words said by Democrats in quite a while were "Defund the Police," they are trying to backtrack away from that but people are aware there was one party in favor of that. And in addition to cashless bail, you have folks wanting to be soft on criminals. This has nothing to do with the criminal justice reform policies that Trump and Biden would both be for. This has to do with people feeling that the system works against the victims and works for the criminals. Kathy Hochul owns and eats that now because she is the governor of New York, whatever [NYC Mayor Eric] Adams or [NY attorney General Letitia] James are doing or are not doing in their positions, riding the subway should not be an occupational hazard, trying to get to your job. People see the randomness.

Lee Zeldin sadly, not once but twice, has been a victim of crime. They took to the stage and they came to his home when his kids were doing their homework.

BILL HEMMER, FOX NEWS: Also for Hochul, Hillary Clinton will be campaigning with her.

KELLYANNE CONWAY: Oh, dear. She is done.

Governor races are different, you are looking for a chief executive, the power of the purse, crime policies, etc.

I always was amazed by how many states that went for Obama/Biden twice, went for a Republican governor during the Obama and Biden years They are not just ticket-splitters, like, they want them to be in the White House, but when it comes to my state, I want more center-right.

Reactions: jjw165 and Sullivan

DandyDonII

Oct 16, 2002
It astounds me how the Left refuses to see how badly their reforms have destroyed public safety. Instead of simply noting the obvious failures and trying to modify its position, the left continues to double down and pass more pro criminal statues day by day....

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021

Former Trump campaign manager and pollster Kellyanne Conway commented on how the issue of crime is defining the New York gubernatorial race between Democrat Kathy Hochul and GOP Rep. Lee Zeldin, Sunday evening on FOX News:
I'm pulling hard for Kathy Hochul.

My fullest apologies to Lee Zeldin.

We need the destructive nature of liberal rule on display at all times.

In fact, I don't think New Yorkers should be allowed to vote out Adams for a decade or two.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

SR108

Jan 13, 2004

In this day and age, splitting your ballot is foolish. There are no moderate Democrats. They all vote together once elected.

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
Well, shoot, there goes democracy.

IYpy.gif

Reactions: SR108

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
It astounds me how the Left refuses to see how badly their reforms have destroyed public safety. Instead of simply noting the obvious failures and trying to modify its position, the left continues to double down and pass more pro criminal statues day by day....

They haven't passed enough yet for it to be effective...... lol... Gotta pass more.

DandyDonII

Oct 16, 2002
They haven't passed enough yet for it to be effective...... lol... Gotta pass more.
California just did that in Juvenile Justice. Despite violent crime being out of control, and juveniles being a huge cause of it, the Legislature just made it harder to transfer juvenile offenders to adult court. Instead of the People having to prove by a preponderance of evidence that a Minor was not suitable for juvenile court, now the People have to prove it be Clear and Convincing evidence.

The Left has gotten a lot smarter about how to fool the public. In regards to both Juvenile Law and Gang Law, the legislature has implemented the ole "death by a thousand" cuts playbook and the compliant media stays silent...

SR108

Jan 13, 2004
California just did that in Juvenile Justice. Despite violent crime being out of control, and juveniles being a huge cause of it, the Legislature just made it harder to transfer juvenile offenders to adult court. Instead of the People having to prove by a preponderance of evidence that a Minor was not suitable for juvenile court, now the People have to prove it be Clear and Convincing evidence.

The Left has gotten a lot smarter about how to fool the public. In regards to both Juvenile Law and Gang Law, the legislature has implemented the ole "death by a thousand" cuts playbook and the compliant media stays silent...
I guess my question is why?
If you’re argument is racism, isn’t it the poor community that gets hurt even more by releasing real criminals adult and juvenile back into the community?

For the most part these offenders don’t live in the suburbs.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

Next up? Crime is legal.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019

It’s still my opinion that the truth wins out, and even though the system is stacked against them it will not stay that way. Eventually it collapses on them.

Reactions: psuted