ADVERTISEMENT

Holy Toledo vs Temple Tonight!

It amazes me that even after the "best team in Temple history" finished with 4 losses, including a blowout in a "no one cares" bowl game, some of their fans feel a need to seek justification for their pathetic program by visiting here and casting stones. They are Rutgers "light". A program with no history, no fans, and no hope. Not even Matt Rhule can save this train wreck.
They did destroy Penn State 27-10.

They did destroy Penn State 27-10.
Sure they did. No one denies that. We were coming off sanctions and we sucked. We still are not very good, but we have a past and we have a future. Temple had "the best team in their history". Beating us gave Temple fans a false sense of how good they were. 4 losses says they are just average and next year they will return to the mediocrity from which they came. This was their year to catch the gold ring and they settled for plastic. It's sad really, because I like Matt Rhule, but he has tied his star to a program has no chance of reaching much beyond a national 50-60 level ranking.

It amazes me that even after the "best team in Temple history" finished with 4 losses, including a blowout in a "no one cares" bowl game, some of their fans feel a need to seek justification for their pathetic program by visiting here and casting stones. They are Rutgers "light". A program with no history, no fans, and no hope. Not even Matt Rhule can save this train wreck.
Yup...a train wreck you lost too. Says a lot about the heart of your team and quality of your coach. You had higher rated players at every position than us...and still lost. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Yup...a train wreck you lost too. Says a lot about the heart of your team and quality of your coach. You had higher rated players at every position than us...and still lost. Oh how the mighty have fallen.
You should change your name to Meatballsforbrains. Temple's century of football peaked after beating a sanctions-impaired PSUsquad.

Even you cherry bombs have to admit that it was downhill thereafter. I hope you enjoyed your bowl blowout....it will be your last bowl for another century.

Last edited:
Sanction impaired and still higher rated players at every position. We know what we are...the question is do you know what you are?

Sanction impaired and still higher rated players at every position. We know what we are...the question is do you know what you are?
Yes. PSU is currently very transitional. Your Head Coach was clearly outcoached by an interim coach. That had to be a bit embarrassing for the Cherry Nation

Dude, you are not listening or, worse, you are not understanding. We sucked. We have no excuses, just like Temple, with the "best team in their history" and sitting on 4 losses has no excuses. We will get better. Temple will get worse. No one with more than 6 brain cells doubts that. OK, you do, and that proves my point. Sorry for that..... It's the season for love and peace, even for trolls. I will not engage you further. Kumbaya.

Yes. PSU is currently very transitional. Your Head Coach was clearly outcoached by an interim coach. That had to be a bit embarrassing for the Cherry Nation
Not really...we know we are an up and coming program. This season was a building block. Toledo is a very good team. I doubt you guys would have handled them. What happens if you guys are out coached by a team with no coaches?

Not really...we know we are an up and coming program. This season was a building block. Toledo is a very good team. I doubt you guys would have handled them. What happens if you guys are out coached by a team with no coaches?
Temple is a downward trending program. It's your tradition

Reactions: fairgambit
Temple is a downward trending program. It's your tradition
Temple fans are like Rutgers fans. They boast before they have accomplished anything and then, when their team falters, they attack programs they envy. Pathetically sad. Really. I'm moving on from this thread. It appears the troll is here for the duration.

Pride comes before the fall. What was...May never be again!

No, summer comes before the fall.

I guarantee we won't win the next 31 in a row, against Temple or anyone else. And with Temple deciding to commit to playing serious football, I guarantee you won't lose the next 31 in a row against Penn State or anyone else either.

But honestly, ending the regular season at 10-2 after beating Penn State in your opening game, awful, simply awful. And then you lost in your conference's championship game. And you had a chance to win your THIRD bowl game EVER and that got away from you too. And this arguably your best season in the school's history? WOW, even my Kansas Jayhawks have a better football history than your Owls!

Talking smack after breaking a 31 game losing streak takes balls but obviously doesn't take brains.....your Meatballs somewhere along the line obviously got turned into meat sauce!

Last edited:
No, summer comes before the fall.

I guarantee we won't win the next 31 in a row, against Temple or anyone else. And with Temple deciding to commit to playing serious football, I guarantee you won't lose the next 31 in a row against Penn State or anyone else either.

But honestly, ending the regular season at 10-2 after beating Penn State in your opening game, awful, simply awful. And then you lost in your conference's championship game. And you had a chance to win your THIRD bowl game EVER and that got away from you too. And this arguably your best season in the school's history? WOW, even my Kansas Jayhawks have a better football history than your Owls!

Talking smack after breaking a 31 game losing streak takes balls but obviously doesn't take brains.....your Meatballs somewhere along the line obviously got turned into meat sauce!
He should know better than to mess with ILLINOISLION. :D

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
fairgambit, all is not lost for temple. They still have cosby, the face of the university.

:eek:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT