ADVERTISEMENT

Hope our AD, President and BOT members took a tour of the stadium!

The Spin Meister

Gold Member
Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Quite impressive facility. Beautiful from the outside, great from the inside. I know we will never dome the Beav but could learn a lot from this.

One, the concessions were amazing. In most stadiums you have to walk several hundred feet to get to stand in long lines. And each stand has pretty much the same selections. And pay triple the price for low quality food.

This place was almost wall to wall eateries. One after another with dozens of options. From snacks to meals. And with so many choices most had small or no lines. And the cost was almost the same as food anywhere instead of the grand theft of most stadium food.

And lots of clean modern restrooms. Meaning a short walk and no or little waiting.

And for @OldiesAtTheGaff cell service eas excellent. It slowed around end of first qtr so switched to free Wi-Fi which very fast.

Was in 300 level which is pretty high but close to field so could see how plays formed. Great scoreboards.

Opposite wall was glass with a view of Atlanta sky scrapers which really popped when the sun came out.

One area had a wall covered with hundreds of helmets…..one from each high school in Georgia. And a plaque with various high school champions. Pretty cool and would be good for recruiting.

Add on a massive stainless steel falcon outside the stadium that was at least 60’ wide by 40’ tall. Several nearby activities/sites.

Would hope to put stadium get similar concessions, restrooms, and cell service.

Anyone else, what did I miss?

Last edited:
Quite impressive facility. Beautiful from the outside, great from the inside. I know we will never dome the Beav but could learn a lot from this.

One, the concessions were amazing. In most stadiums you have to walk several hundred feet to get to stand in long lines. And each stand has pretty much the same selections. And pay triple the price for low quality food.

This place was almost wall to wall eateries. One after another with dozens of options. From snacks to meals. And with so many choices most had small or no lines. And the cost was almost the same as food anywhere instead of the grand theft of most stadium food.

And lots of clean modern restrooms. Meaning a short walk and no or little waiting.

And for @OldiesAtTheGaff cell service eas excellent. It slowed around end of first qtr so switched to free Wi-Fi which very fast.

Was in 300 level which is pretty high but close to field so could see how plays formed. Great scoreboards.

Opposite wall was glass with a view of Atlanta sky scrapers which really popped when the sun came out.

One area had a wall covered with hundreds of helmets…..one from each high school in Georgia. And a plaque with various high school champions. Pretty cool and would be good for recruiting.

Add on a massive stainless steel falcon outside the stadium that was at least 60’ wide by 40’ tall. Several nearby activities/sites.

Would hope to put stadium get similar concessions, restrooms, and cell service.

Anyone else, what did I miss?
How many Penn State fans were in attendance?

Did you go to the Cotton Bowl? Curious how it compared to Jerry's World?

The lack of use of Beaver Stadium would hold us back I’d think…if it was being used ~50 times a year like they do in Atlanta, it would make sense to invest in a bunch of food options. Only being used 8-9 times a year, we can’t even get an ATM machine.

How many Penn State fans were in attendance?

Did you go to the Cotton Bowl? Curious how it compared to Jerry's World?
Didn’t make the Cotton so don’t know.

Lots of PSU fans. On Friday locals were talking about how we took over the city as few Rebels were around. They must have arrived late Friday or Saturday morning because they ended up outnumbering us. Probably about 55/45 or so.

I don’t see how a brand new NFL stadium built for 1.6 billion is in anyway applicable to Beaver Stadium. It would be like me touring 30 million dollar beachfront properties in Malibu or Miami Beach.

Mercedes Benz stadium is somewhat known for their cheap concessions compared to other stadiums and IIRC, they are making up the revenue difference by selling more volume. I wish other stadiums would get that memo. Beers are $13-$19 each in my damn MLS stadium, it's ridiculous.

Reactions: Ski and lazydave841
Mercedes Benz stadium is somewhat known for their cheap concessions compared to other stadiums and IIRC, they are making up the revenue difference by selling more volume. I wish other stadiums would get that memo. Beers are $13-$19 each in my damn MLS stadium, it's ridiculous.

Well, they know they’ve got you trapped. If you’re going to sit through an MLS game you definitely need beer…and lots of it. ;)

I don’t see how a brand new NFL stadium built for 1.6 billion is in anyway applicable to Beaver Stadium. It would be like me touring 30 million dollar beachfront properties in Malibu or Miami Beach.
You could try rereading the OP. Said they could learn some things to greatly improve the stadium experience.

Never said, hinted, insinuated, implied, or pretended that we could or should even attempt to duplicate MB Stadium.

Isn’t the local tax one of biggest reasons for high concessions prices? I remember seeing a breakdown for a major league stadium long time ago. It was somewhere close to half the total price. Dunno if that applies to the Beav.

You could try rereading the OP. Said they could learn some things to greatly improve the stadium experience.

Never said, hinted, insinuated, implied, or pretended that we could or should even attempt to duplicate MB Stadium.
Learn what? The Beav needs better concessions and bathrooms? This has been know by anyone who’s been to a game there since 1991.

You could like the color schemes…

Learn what? The Beav needs better concessions and bathrooms? This has been know by anyone who’s been to a game there since 1991.
Apologies. I know a great genius like you would never need to tour various stadiums to learn anything about what improvements could be made.

But you need to realize that not all university administrators are genius level such as you and may actually benefit from studying and observing various stadiums. This thread was meant for them.

Again sorry if I wasted your time…..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT