ADVERTISEMENT

How do you feel about MMA?

Are you a fan of MMA?

• Yes

Votes: 32 43.2%
  • No

Votes: 43 58.1%

• Total voters
Concussions and future medical issues are not my thing. Stopped watching boxing 20 years ago.
That’s where I’m at. Just find it too depressing to see the stories linked to brain trauma. Concussions and such are accidental outcomes in lots of sports, such as wrestling, but I just can’t get excited about sports where the actual objective is to make the opponent lose consciousness.

My days of watching/kicking the snot out of people are over. At my age I would rather have Hannibal Lecter’s ability to make people swallow their own tongues i.e., Multiple Miggs. Of course I would let them “tap out” or turn blue, which ever comes first. My sadistic traits only go so far.

This is where I’m at as well. Never really was a Pro Wrestling kinda guy. Growing up, boxing was big in my house so never got away from it. Think it’s because as a family we made Friday night fights and championship fights on HBO and showtime a huge deal when I was a kid. When MMA started to catch on, just never had time for yet another sport although with so many wrestlers going into it I can see that starting to change but probably not that significant of one. Now, my daughter and son in law are huge MMA fans. Seems every time they come visit there an event they always talk me into buying. Lol
At least you can plan your family visits in advanced. Just check the MMA schedules. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: johnstownsteel
Back when Chuck Liddell fought I enjoyed it. Then the TV show came out to sour the experience for me. Big money came in and did it's thing. I bought a nights action once. I came away thinking the fix was in like everything else I suppose. 40 bucks down the drain. Then the medical aspect...

Reactions: johnstownsteel
At least you can plan your family visits in advanced. Just check the MMA schedules. LOL

Lol. That’s funny. Last time they visited they came in the house and I asked them who was fighting.
"Hey Dad, what are you and Mom doing Friday night? Is your 86" flat screen are you available to get together?"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT