ADVERTISEMENT

How good could this team be in a year or 2?

Online Persona

Feb 2, 2022
I'm just going to list guys already getting significant reps and a few OL with good early reviews.

Freshman:
Singleton, Allen, Allar, Evans, Saunders, Carter, Dennis-Sutton, Durant getting good reps. Shelton has had strong reviews at OT and Loane at OG albeit not in game action.

Redshirt freshmen:
Tengwell, Wheatley, Kobe King, Wallace, van den Berg, DeLuca, Dinkins, Veilleux

Sophomore:
Fashanu, Chop Robinson, Parker Washington, Lambert-Smith, Kalen King, Elsdon, Jaylen Reed, Theo Johnson, Warren, Lee (may not stick around with the FR RBs)

That's a ton of guys we are reliant on already in those 2 classes. Many of their peers will season into good players as well.

I see PSU steadily improving as these 2 classes grow up. We are already heavily reliant on them.

I'm just going to list guys already getting significant reps and a few OL with good early reviews.

Freshman:
Singleton, Allen, Allar, Evans, Saunders, Carter, Dennis-Sutton, Durant getting good reps. Shelton has had strong reviews at OT and Loane at OG albeit not in game action.

Redshirt freshmen:
Tengwell, Wheatley, Kobe King, Wallace, van den Berg, DeLuca, Dinkins, Veilleux

Sophomore:
Fashanu, Chop Robinson, Parker Washington, Lambert-Smith, Kalen King, Elsdon, Jaylen Reed, Theo Johnson, Warren, Lee (may not stick around with the FR RBs)

That's a ton of guys we are reliant on already in those 2 classes. Many of their peers will season into good players as well.

I see PSU steadily improving as these 2 classes grow up. We are already heavily reliant on them.
While I agree that the future looks bright, the young talent does not cover all positions as the rosters of Bama, oh-high-ya and a few other programs do.

The last couple classes don't seem to have the sure fire NFL players at DT that the best college defenses do, and we saw the drop off in that unit when Mustipher was out of the lineup last season.

OT is another position that has not been stocked with talent. Would be great if Fashanu played for PSU in 2023 and 2024, but he looks so good as a first year starter he may be gone after 2023. He could actually leave after this season. Shelton is supposedly looking very good as a young player, but PSU has struck out on closing on their early offers at OT for the most part.

And although KLS looks talented he is in his 3rd year at PSU and has yet to really be a consistent difference maker, failing to actually lock down even the 3rd WR spot. Lots of young WR's on the roster but it's an unknown if any will step up and be high level players at this point, other than Tinsley and Washington with Washington likely gone after 2023 and Tinsley gone after this season. Franklin needs to close on high level WR's for the 2024 class, or hit big on the 2023 WR's commited.

Need some big surprises in player development this coming Winter and Spring to get to where the recent playoff teams seem to consistently be. But a great nucleus of young players none the less that can realistically lead PSU back into the top 10, where PSU may have been last season without the injuries to Clifford and Mustipher.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT