ADVERTISEMENT

How is this for a pitching line?

Mister Magoo

Jul 16, 2001
My nephew in his Little League game. He's 12.

6 IP 1 H 0 R 0 ER 0 BB 18k

He hit two batters. No-hitter for 5 2/3. Needs a nickname. Little guy. Mini Magoo?

This post was edited on 3/27 10:09 AM by Mister Magoo

Wow, what a performance....please tell us he won the game. Did he get the arm from Magoo?

He won. Magoo has a noodle arm. Got it from his mom

My brother didn't play a lot of baseball either. But, living in California. They can play all the time. Fall ball, etc. A gym teacher once told me that I was better at sports where you hit people and not objects
wink.r191677.gif

Re: He won. Magoo has a noodle arm. Got it from his mom

Ha!!!!

Congrats! 18K's!!! It reminds me of something that happened when I was in

my mid teens. I went with a couple of friends to watch a Little League game because a kid from our neighborhood was playing and the game was within walking distance. From the 1st pitch, when the other team was at bat, after every out we yelled "17 more outs till a no hitter"..."16 more outs till a no hitter"... Well people were giving us crap but we didn't care, we were just goofy kids. As it turned out, our team did get the no hitter, the first one they ever had. I think 2 kids pitched, and after the game our manager came over and thanked us. He thinks we got in the heads of the other team. That's probably giving us too much credit. We just we in the right spot, at the right time, yelling the right thing.

This post was edited on 3/27 12:39 PM by fairgambit

My son in his 11U season nearly pitched a perfect 6 inning game in a championship game. He gave up a hit to the first batter, and then sat down the next 18 straight hitters. No walks, HBP, or hits in the next 18 kids.

I was doing the book for the game, and I noticed after 4 innings. I kept my mouth shut until the 6th with one batter left. Luckily he stuck out the kid and we won the game 1-0.

Woodpecker - you have been on fire with your one liners lately. Just

read your comment about needing a girlfriend now that the person had torn biceps in both arms . made me chuckle out loud. Keep up the good work.

is that the nickname for the young fireballer or Magoo?*

images

I can't hold a candle to ILLINOISLION

He'd be my hero if he wasn't a Bears fan

Being such a big Mets fan as you are, how about Dr. K? :)

Seriously, that had to be a blast to watch.

Woodpecker, I admire your humility, and your good judgment. ILLINOISLION

is the very best.

my brother once lost a 'kind of' no-hitter

as a 12 year old he threw harder than everyone, but his primary position was catcher. he would pitch occasionally but wasnt comfortable. His team was playing the 1st place team so the coach asked him to throw. He started out great, K'ing the side on 9 pitches in the 1st. Second inning he K'd the side again but walked 4 and hit two in between to give up two runs. Struck out the next 9 of the next 10 batters to get to the 5th where he walked 3, got a K, then hit one to make it 4-3, his team was up. The next kid got drilled on the wrist for a 4th HBP, a tied game and removal from the mound. Next pitcher got a K and then threw one off the plate that bounced over the umpires head for a walk off WP.

Final stat line was 5.3 IP 5 ER, 0 H, 16K, 8 BB, 4 HBP. Before anyone goes crazy about LL coaches and pitch count, all the pitches were FB and many K's were 3 pitch AB and BB were 4 or 5 pitch AB. It probably was 115 or so pitches, but we played catch every day for well over that. He never had arm issues then or to this day

Freeh Investigation Reveals Woodpecker & fairgambit On ILLION Payroll!

Of course, Freeh as wrong as he has always been.....!
roll.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/27 10:27 PM by ILLINOISLION

Re: Freeh Investigation Reveals Woodpecker & fairgambit On ILLION Payroll!

Originally posted by ILLINOISLION:

Of course, Freeh as wrong as he has always been.....!
roll.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 3/27 10:27 PM by ILLINOISLION
Damn. For a second there I thought I was going to get a check or something.
confused0024.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT