I am so pissed at my sister

The Spin Meister

Gold Member
Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
She sends me a text at noon. “Come for dinner with family at 5:00 PM.”

Me “Sure as long as you put game on I will drive over at half time “

Leave house…… losing 20-6. Not happy.

Eat dinner no game as grandkids are watching some movie they have already seen a dozen times.

Around 8:00 she says “ want to see the final score?” And slides over her phone…..score showing USC on top 23-30!

Get home at 10:30, don’t look at anything and go to bed heartbroken.

Brother calls me this morning and while talking about game and I figure out we won!

Wait till I call sis! 🤬😡🤬

Last edited:

Eat dinner no game as grandkids are watching some movie they have already seen a dozen times.

Around 8:00 she says “ want to see the final score?” And slides over her phone…..score showing USC on top 23-30!

Brother calks me this morning and while talking about game and I figure out we won!

Haha! Great story.

As for me, I went to watch my 10-year old grandson play football at what I had been informed was a noon game. So I got there and saw two teams taking the field, one in blue and the other in red, but I didn't immediately see the family. So I called my daughter on the phone to say I'm here, which color is Thomas's team, red or blue.

She's, like, Dad, what are you talking about? Where are you?

I said I'm here at the game.

She goes, it's not until 3:00! It turned out that she had given me the wrong time and was super apologetic.

I said no worries but now I have a problem: Penn State plays at 3:30, and I was timing my attendance at the game around Penn State's schedule.

She assured me that it would be OK if I didn't come back at 3:00. So now I have to choose between Penn State and my beloved grandson. And I chose...Penn State. I was racked with guilt and shame all night...but have now fully recovered... ;)

Brother calks me this morning and while talking about game and I figure out we won!

You allowed your stomach to get in the way of maybe the best game in years. Shame Shame Shame. !!

Last edited:

I have a similar story involving my father while I was at PSU.

In 1979, PSU went to Raleigh to play NC State. It was one of those games where PSU couldn’t get out of our own way and was leading 6-0 with about 2-1/2 minutes to go and had forced 4th down for the Wolfpack in PSU territory. Long completion to about the 15 yard line and they punch it in to take the lead 7-6 with about a minute to go.

Dayle Tate gets sacked and it’s eventually 4th and forever for PSU with less than 30 seconds to go. Meanwhile my father gets pissed and shuts the tv and radio off. Tate throws a desperation pass and with one second left, Herb Menhart kicks a 54 yard FG to win the game.

Later in the evening I called home and my father couldn’t understand why I was so pumped up about the game that we “lost”. He had no idea. We talked about that many times over the years.

My own mother knew not to call me during a Penn State game. She'd often call me after a Steelers game to talk about the Steelers.

When she was in a nursing home with onset dementia, at times she wouldn't recognize me or would sometimes think I was her brother, but she would ask about Peyton and Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, etc. One time she asked, "Is Tom Brady still playing?" I replied, "Yes he is." She then shockingly exclaimed, "BUT HE'S SO OLD!" To hear that coming from a woman in her 80s was funny and unforgettable.

I have a similar story involving my father while I was at PSU.

In 1979, PSU went to Raleigh to play NC State. It was one of those games where PSU couldn’t get out of our own way and was leading 6-0 with about 2-1/2 minutes to go and had forced 4th down for the Wolfpack in PSU territory. Long completion to about the 15 yard line and they punch it in to take the lead 7-6 with about a minute to go.

Dayle Tate gets sacked and it’s eventually 4th and forever for PSU with less than 30 seconds to go. Meanwhile my father gets pissed and shuts the tv and radio off. Tate throws a desperation pass and with one second left, Herb Menhart kicks a 54 yard FG to win the game.

Later in the evening I called home and my father couldn’t understand why I was so pumped up about the game that we “lost”. He had no idea. We talked about that many times over the years.
My dad and I went to the Miami game in 1999.

We left when PSU turned the ball over deep in our own end down 3 late in the fourth quarter. As we were walking towards the car we heard the stadium erupt - we figured Miami got a TD and it was all over but the crying.

When we got to the car I found the Miami broadcast and promptly heard - “With thirty seconds remaining, Miami calls its last timeout.”

My father and I both understood what it meant but we didn’t realize how it happened until we saw the highlights later. That was an historic call by Fran Fisher on the radio.

My dad and I went to the Miami game in 1999.

We left when PSU turned the ball over deep in our own end down 3 late in the fourth quarter. As we were walking towards the car we heard the stadium erupt - we figured Miami got a TD and it was all over but the crying.

When we got to the car I found the Miami broadcast and promptly heard - “With thirty seconds remaining, Miami calls its last timeout.”

My father and I both understood what it meant but we didn’t realize how it happened until we saw the highlights later. That was an historic call by Fran Fisher on the radio.

Remember it well. Long TD bomb from Kevin Thompson to Chafie Fields to win the game. I about fell over in joy...little knowing what lay ahead for us that year.

Reactions: KCLion

You can pick your friends but …

As Matt Millen says, “That’s on you”. :)

• Haha
Reactions: The Spin Meister
Not PSU related. Circa 15 years ago my wife says we got invited to a Super Bowl party with co workers.

I said what will be the dynamics.

Will there be enough areas with TVs I can just watch the game.

Not a big fan of a bunch of small talk.

My wife says no co workers husband is a huge FB fan.

We went. I was greeted at the house with hey thanks for coming.

Would you like red or white-

I said simple beer is fine.

I was told I don't know if Doug has any because of his gout- I can go look.

We proceeded to eat Brie, quiche and watch the game on a 27 inch projection TV thankfully my wife is awesome so I drove to a bar.

Never again.

• Haha

You have an awful sister. 😀

• Haha
Not PSU related. Circa 15 years ago my wife says we got invited to a Super Bowl party with co workers.

I said what will be the dynamics.

Will there be enough areas with TVs I can just watch the game.

Not a big fan of a bunch of small talk.

My wife says no co workers husband is a huge FB fan.

We went. I was greeted at the house with hey thanks for coming.

Would you like red or white-

I said simple beer is fine.

I was told I don't know if Doug has any because of his gout- I can go look.

We proceeded to eat Brie, quiche and watch the game on a 27 inch projection TV thankfully my wife is awesome so I drove to a bar.

Never again.
It is funny how you wanted a TV situational scouting report...
"What will be the dynamics"

Next time...remember to set your DVR 😉

Reactions: gamblepsu
Setting the dvr— Exactly and it’s real easy with YouTubeTV. Thats what I do with all the activities my kids do. The problem now is that I’ll miss silencing one of 10 different apps that will try to helpfully notify me of the score.

Thought I had it all set until two weeks ago Apple News of all places ruined it and gave me the score ahead of time. Didn’t even think it would be the Psu game so I clicked on it.

Setting the dvr— Exactly and it’s real easy with YouTubeTV. Thats what I do with all the activities my kids do. The problem now is that I’ll miss silencing one of 10 different apps that will try to helpfully notify me of the score.

Thought I had it all set until two weeks ago Apple News of all places ruined it and gave me the score ahead of time. Didn’t even think it would be the Psu game so I clicked on it.

Reactions: gamblepsu
I couldn't watch yesterday because my wife and I were celebrating our anniversary. (Never get married in October.) I recorded the game and went to great lengths to ensure nobody would spoil it before I watched it. And then last night, an alert completely out of nowhere appeared on my phone with the score.

• Sad

Wow...I would take her out of the will, disown her, and egg her house. Just to get started. She sounds evil. Sorry, but those are the vibes I'm getting. My sister would get it like she was my brother if she pulled that nonsense!

• Haha

What I can't stand and have hated for years is the ESPN bottom line showing the various scores so far. So many times I will have recorded a game...accidentally started watching another game later on planning to eventually watch my recorded game....only to see it's score show on the bottom by accident. I mean, people have phones-they can access scores anytime-I wish these channels would let us see more of the screen and make the graphics smaller and less obtrusive!

The problem now is that I’ll miss silencing one of 10 different apps that will try to helpfully notify me of the score.
For sure - and it's not just if you want to watch the game later.

With so many sources having delay (whether it's streaming, satellite, or whatever) I have found Apple Sports to sometimes notify me as much as 30 seconds before the event occurs. I tend to stand up and pace a bit during high importance plays which I was doing Saturday night as Barker lined up in OT. A couple of seconds before the snap my watch vibrated - so I knew the outcome of the play before I saw the snap. I've haven't quite got to the point of turning it off but have seriously considered it when it's 15-20 seconds ahead of TV.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT