I am stunned by the collapse of bond prices.

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
Even before the pandemic, Trump was increasing the deficit. During the pandemic it skyrocketed.

When Obama left office the annual deficit was 3.4 percent of GDP. After Trump's first year it was 3.8 percent, in 2019 it was 4.6 percent. Once the pandemic hit it went to 14.9 percent in 2020 and 16.7 percent in 2021.

Remember this is just annual debt to gdp, total debt to GDP is higher than 100 percent.
I never, once, referred to the deficit. I referred to the FACT that Trump's tax bill was not a "CUT".

Reactions: Ski

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
You can’t get off me can you. Believe what you want.. I must be inside you head.
Consider it a compliment.

I think you're the only half smart, non-insane Democrat on this board.

But the whole "life long Republican" is pretty icky.

Can I assume you're voting for DeSantis if he gets the nomination, then?

rutgersdave

Jan 23, 2004
You can’t get off me can you. Believe what you want.. I must be inside you head.
There’s quite a few Republicans that will not vote for Trump or his followers the second time. The first time, they really didn't know Trump and willing to vote along party lines. Everyone is aware of Trump after 6 years and they won’t vote for him a second time. The recent poll said 51% don’t want Trump to run in 2024. He will lose by a larger margin than 2020.

The Republican Party has a better chance with another candidate.

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
It certainly was a tax cut or more specifically it was a cut in tax rates.
Tax revenues went up. I guess when gas prices went down you say went up?

"When is a tax cut not a tax cut?" "When tax income goes up."

its-not-that-hard-dude-freddie-benson.gif

fbh1

Gold Member
Jan 17, 2002
Bellefonte, PA
Consider it a compliment.

I think you're the only half smart, non-insane Democrat on this board.

But the whole "life long Republican" is pretty icky.

Can I assume you're voting for DeSantis if he gets the nomination, then?
You want to put some money on it? I have been a registered republican since 1970. I would be happy to make a wager at any level you want that I can prove that. As far as DeSantis is concerned I will consider voting for him. Depends on who the Dems actually put up. I will absolutely not vote for Trump. I admire Liz Chaney for following her convictions. If that makes me Dem to you I can live with it.