ADVERTISEMENT

I live in Springfield. Don't tell us we can't be frustrated by Haitian influx.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Democrats don't care. They delight in bringing frustration to tax paying Americans.

Look at what they create.................. @tubbybear calls it SUCCESS!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...aiti-immigration-safety-politics/75296690007/

As a lifelong resident of Springfield, Ohio, and someone who is fairly connected to the community, it is hard to witness what is happening in my town. The residents of Springfield are being used as political pawns at the expense of coming up with real solutions to real problems.

Are there immigration issues here? Yes. Are they as extreme as some in the news media would suggest? Yes, but that's where the honest trust gets manipulated for dishonest purposes.

Division and hate are settling in on Springfield, a community that in large part is safe, united and peaceful. The residents of my town are struggling. Financially, it is difficult. Housing is a mess. Hardworking people can't afford to rent anymore due to the price increases as a result of the housing subsidies provided. Food and gas prices are inflated and, unfortunately, the recent national attention has given people a scapegoat.

Tensions are high in Springfield

Tensions are high in Springfield, and unless we have an honest and open debate on real resolutions, things are going to get worse.

Springfield residents are frustrated. We are fed up with being described as intolerant, racists and bigots while having our reasonable complaints labeled as irrational. The most disappointing part is that nobody in city leadership seems to want to acknowledge the changes and adjustments we've all had to make to deal with the influx of immigrants to our community.
For example, basic social norms in grocery stores, parks or any shared space in the city are nonexistent. It's things as simple as five or six immigrants standing in an aisle at the grocery store and not moving aside respectfully to allow others to pass.

And because there's a language barrier, even when you say, "Excuse me," no one is moving.

There are social norms that they appear not to be familiar with. These annoyances are not the end of the world, but they are frustrating nonetheless.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.