ADVERTISEMENT

I watched the Minny Police Chief over lunch

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
just a little bit ago. Dude was pretty impressive....except. He says all the right things, perfect word salad, he handled most of the questions deftly. Then someone asked about the body cams from the four arresting officers. He said this was caught between two departments and he didn't have the authority.

I am here to tell you that is the problem right there. At least here in CLE, the police release the body cams when it works for them. If it doesn't they fight it tooth and nail until a judge finally compels them. As you probably know, most judges are former prosecutors who work with cops so defendants don't get much help. Then, cops will often say that the body cam didn't work, got deleted or lost. My wife got two prosecutors reassigned for this. Why do they do it? Because they get away with it. Because the Union pushes it (and allows cops to delete personnel files). Because there is no recourse when/if they get caught. My wife caught someone red handed and she only got a retrial. No punishment for cop or prosecutor at all. She also had video evidence of the cop turning on and off his body cam and telling their perp that he would not get justice and showed the perp how he could turn on and off his body cam and speaker.

total BS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.