ADVERTISEMENT

Idiot ESPNU wrestling announcer says ex-cape instead of es-cape.

LealandLoyal

Mar 11, 2012
Says it wrong every time. Don't you learn the correct way in like 3rd grade? Shawn Kenney, I believe, is his name.

Might be the same guy who says Wes-consin. To be fair,

I believe this is a regional characteristic of certain parts of the country. Lou Holtz says it that way, also. I had a supervisor once who said Pacific for specific. He was from western PA.

This post was edited on 3/19 10:49 PM by Class of 67

Let's be honest...Jeff Byers is the best but...

he cannot pronounce "sixth."

I listen to him morning after morning on the local show, plus the wrestling meets he announces and nobody cares. I don't care, but it's a glaring flaw in the man's delivery. He either can't or won't pronounce "sixth." He says "sith" every time. Doesn't bother me, he's the best wrestling caller east of the Mississip.

Dialect....according to my speech pathologist daughter. We got into an argument a while back.... It was on the "ask vs. aks" thing. She buried me....called me a dumbass....won't get into that argument with her anymore.

A lot of people say "nucular" instead of "nuclear". Many people I know say "a hunert" instead of "one hundred". That must be a western PA thing. Anyway, a lot of people have a unique way of pronouncing certain words. I find it sort of interesting.

This post was edited on 3/20 9:21 AM by NittPicker

Re: Let's be honest...Jeff Byers is the best but...

Originally posted by Victor E. Bell:
he cannot pronounce "sixth."

I listen to him morning after morning on the local show, plus the wrestling meets he announces and nobody cares. I don't care, but it's a glaring flaw in the man's delivery. He either can't or won't pronounce "sixth." He says "sith" every time. Doesn't bother me, he's the best wrestling caller east of the Mississip.
Love listening to them guys in the morning when I get the chance.

And class of 67, I don't think that Lou Holtz is a good example of anything when it comes to pronunciation of words. He said a word right a while back and they had to cut to commercial because everyone in the studio passed out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT