ADVERTISEMENT

I'm not sold on any

gbuckhalter15

Feb 1, 2012
Of these kids we have offered to be honest! Our staff is working hard but I can see a lot of plan C and D kids taken on this class unless these kids stop visiting Bama, OSU, Mich St, Tenn a long with these other southern schools and give us a legit look! I felt very good last yr going into late April but not this yr! Hope they prove me wrong, very pivotal yr on n off the field!

Originally posted by gbuckhalter15:
Of these kids we have offered to be honest! Our staff is working hard but I can see a lot of plan C and D kids taken on this class unless these kids stop visiting Bama, OSU, Mich St, Tenn a long with these other southern schools and give us a legit look! I felt very good last yr going into late April but not this yr! Hope they prove me wrong, very pivotal yr on n off the field!
Maybe it's your gall bladder. Do some of you guys think at all before you post?

Confusing

Are you trying to say you're worried about our ability to close the deal on these kids? Because what you said is that you're not convinced the kids we've offered are good players. If you're worried about CJF's closing ability, I don't see any justification for that concern. If your point is that the kids we're recruiting are also looking at schools like 'Bama and OSU, I see that as a good sign.

WTF? I would normally think that a post like this is sarcasm....

...but I don't get what the joke would be, so I'm afraid it's serious.

All I can do is SMH

This post was edited on 3/18 10:47 AM by thecoolestfish

Re: WTF? I would normally think that a post like this is sarcasm....

agree. PSU has a ton of kids coming up the next 2 weeks and most of them have huge offer sheets. I think people are upset PSU doesn't have 30 5 star kids right now so they invent crap in their heads to gripe about.

Re: WTF? I would normally think that a post like this is sarcasm....

Originally posted by thecoolestfish:
...but I don't get what the joke would be, so I'm afraid it's serious.

All I can do is SMH

This post was edited on 3/18 10:47 AM by thecoolestfish
He had a previous post the other day that was similar but its been deleted as have other posts.
Curious as to why he hasn't been banned yet.

This post was edited on 3/18 10:53 AM by BBrown

So you are worried about not feeling good about recruiting late this April relative to late last April and you are having these concerns in mid March? Got it. Just so I know, should I begin my August worrying in June or is that too early?

We are in great position with a lot of kids. Last year we were able to get a lot of early commits and hold onto a lot of them. Ohio State didn't do anything early and were recruiting a bunch of talented kids who were waiting to decide. They sat in good shape with them but just weren't getting the commitments early. In the end they finished strong, we held onto a majority of our guys and finished strong and we ended up with very similar classes. I am pretty sure nobody was worried at Ohio State with their slow start and the fast start at Penn State.

Penn State has 4 great commits to start and a lot of kids they are positioned well for. The bigger and better the players you recruit, the more you are looking at kids who are going to take their visits and their time to make a decision. You will still have guys who just hate recruiting that want to get it over with and that is fine but we are going to have to start realizing that we are going to be battling to signing day from now on with the kind of players we are going to be recruiting.

Me too - I'm feeling the dread! Bummer. Man. Why did I even get out of

bed this morning? Dark days ahead. The apocalyptic winds of doom and destruction whirl in my addled brain as I envision a poor recruiting class. This sucks. Think I'll have a stale Twinkie, wash it down with an antique Fresca I've been storing in the basement, and crash out. Thanks dude!

fresca_6.jpg

This post was edited on 3/18 11:01 AM by mn78psu83

Well.

I'm be worried if these kids were visiting Akron, Buffalo, Kent State, etc.

Originally posted by gbuckhalter15:
Wow, Mich St and Tenn. Golly, we can't compete with such greatness...
rolleyes.r191677.gif

???????????

Like others, I'm lost on this post ? Don't know where to begin. Isn't it March 18th ? The Spring workouts have yet to begin. The Blue White game is a month away. What am I missing ?

This post was edited on 3/18 1:52 PM by GulfCoastLion

Oh --- the horror !!!

Guess R.E.M. said it best "it's the end of the world as we know it".

You're not sold on our position with

Menet, McGovern, Angeline, Hamlin, Dioubate? Top instate talent. Go back and look at the previous 10 years of top PA prospects and where they went to college. Prior to '15 we were getting killed instate, not to mention out of state talent. But times have changed and top schools from all over are going to be in on NE and Mid Atlantic talent. We are very well positioned and have a couple locks in my opinion.

Look at the bright side. Fresca and Vodka over ice is

an excellent drink - tall, cool and refreshing. I like the little condensation drops that form on the glass.

Makes me think of summer.

Fresca and Vodka over ice? I could do that.**

antidisestablishmentarianism

Good thing it's inconsequential to the work CJF and his staff have put in..

i.e. you being "sold"....

It only matters if the recruits are "sold", one by one....

This post was edited on 3/18 7:38 PM by GregInPitt

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT