In California, the Affluent Look Away While Their Cities Burn

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Make "the Affluent" "WHITE LIBERALS"...... The greatest threat to our democracy.

https://unherd.com/2021/12/will-california-ever-be-safe-again/

Written by a black woman....................

In my home state of California, smash-and-grab is fast becoming a way of life. Crime is a rampant, daily occurrence. Just this week, two of my close friends were robbed near San Francisco.

One owns a popular restaurant; the front door was destroyed, and the cash register robbed. The other was renting a car, the entire rear window of which was smashed to bits and the contents swiped. So common is this sort of looting and thievery that when he returned the rental car, he noticed that the car company’s lot was full of vehicles with broken windows.

Since November, throughout California, thousands of dollars have been stolen from stores including Apple, CVS, Louis Vuitton, and Burberry. In San Jose, over $40,000-worth of inventory was stolen from a Lululemon before the robbers escaped in getaway car. In Carmel-by-the-Sea last week, thieves wielding sledgehammers broke into a high-end jewellery store, smashing, grabbing and then fleeing. Right before Thanksgiving, 80 individuals rushed a Nordstrom in the Bay Area to participate in what authorities called “organised theft”.

Cannabis dispensaries are another favourite target. In Oakland, the Police Chief LeRonne L. Armstrong explained that most of these attacks turn violent: “more than 175 shots were fired” during cannabis robberies in Oakland last month alone. Even a physical therapy office in Beverly Hills was robbed this month by armed, masked burglars who entered the office and stole the doctor’s Rolex. The list of robberies is not limited to stores or businesses.

Many of the victims are ordinary individuals, walking down the street in broad daylight. As Jamie McBride, the head of the union representing LAPD officers, told tourists last week: “We can’t guarantee your safety. It is really, really out of control. I said it to people before. It’s like that movie Purge, but instead of 24 hours to commit your crime, these people have 365 days to commit whatever they want.”

https://unherd.com/2021/11/paedophilia-is-not-progressive/?=refinnar

Jerry

May 29, 2001
Make "the Affluent" "WHITE LIBERALS"...... The greatest threat to our democracy.

In my home state of California, smash-and-grab is fast becoming a way of life. Crime is a rampant, daily occurrence. Just this week, two of my close friends were robbed near San Francisco.

One owns a popular restaurant; the front door was destroyed, and the cash register robbed. The other was renting a car, the entire rear window of which was smashed to bits and the contents swiped. So common is this sort of looting and thievery that when he returned the rental car, he noticed that the car company’s lot was full of vehicles with broken windows.

Since November, throughout California, thousands of dollars have been stolen from stores including Apple, CVS, Louis Vuitton, and Burberry. In San Jose, over $40,000-worth of inventory was stolen from a Lululemon before the robbers escaped in getaway car. In Carmel-by-the-Sea last week, thieves wielding sledgehammers broke into a high-end jewellery store, smashing, grabbing and then fleeing. Right before Thanksgiving, 80 individuals rushed a Nordstrom in the Bay Area to participate in what authorities called “organised theft”.

Cannabis dispensaries are another favourite target. In Oakland, the Police Chief LeRonne L. Armstrong explained that most of these attacks turn violent: “more than 175 shots were fired” during cannabis robberies in Oakland last month alone. Even a physical therapy office in Beverly Hills was robbed this month by armed, masked burglars who entered the office and stole the doctor’s Rolex. The list of robberies is not limited to stores or businesses.

Many of the victims are ordinary individuals, walking down the street in broad daylight. As Jamie McBride, the head of the union representing LAPD officers, told tourists last week: “We can’t guarantee your safety. It is really, really out of control. I said it to people before. It’s like that movie Purge, but instead of 24 hours to commit your crime, these people have 365 days to commit whatever they want.”

Yeah, this ties in directly with my San Fransicko post yesterday.

It's an excellent piece but the woman who wrote it continues to look for some sort of rational, sociological explanation for the dystopian hell that the Dem-Mediacrats and Wokeists have created in California.

The problem is, this goes far beyond rationality, sociology, or normal politics. The powers now dominating our culture and central government, together with their Ruling Class allies in media, academia, and other societal institutions, have a rabid hate for the Judeo-Christian values that formed the moral foundation of Western civilization. They have therefore undertaken a project to overturn those values and remake this country in their own twisted image -- with themselves as tin gods.

One early result of their handiwork: California. Believe me, they have no intention of stopping there.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

It's an excellent piece but the woman who wrote it continues to look for some sort of rational, sociological explanation for the dystopian hell that the Dem-Mediacrats and Wokeists have created in California.

The problem is, this goes far beyond rationality, sociology, or normal politics. The powers now dominating our culture and central government, together with their Ruling Class allies in media, academia, and other societal institutions, have a rabid hate for the Judeo-Christian values that formed the moral foundation of Western civilization. They have therefore undertaken a project to overturn those values and remake this country in their own twisted image -- with themselves as tin gods.

One early result of their handiwork: California. Believe me, they have no intention of stopping there.

Your post seems a little far reaching, but the truth is you aren't far off.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

horace19040

Aug 12, 2021
A

Affluent liberals tend to avoid the policies they support for the masses. Hollywood loves tax breaks for themselves. You won't find many blacks in affluent liberal neighborhoods. No diversity, no affordable housing and no illegals.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state

Dinner conversation with you and your son must be fascinating!

• Haha
Reactions: Jerry

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
A

Affluent liberals tend to avoid the policies they support for the masses. Hollywood loves tax breaks for themselves. You won't find many blacks in affluent liberal neighborhoods. No diversity, no affordable housing and no illegals.

I respectfully disagree. An affluent neighborhood probably has plenty of minorities, perhaps many illegal, changing their sheets and cutting their grass.

horace19040

Aug 12, 2021
I respectfully disagree. An affluent neighborhood probably has plenty of minorities, perhaps many illegal, changing their sheets and cutting their grass.
Which neighborhoods? Name a few in pa or nj.

Which affluent liberals are against tax breaks for themselves? Is Elizabeth Warren against tax breaks for herself? Anyone in Hollywood turning down tax breaks? Which elected Dems support public housing projects or safe injection sites in their own neighborhood? You might want to check the demographics of biden's or Clinton's neighborhoods.

TN Lion

Sep 6, 2001
Yes, CA has become a hell hole. The affluent can afford and do hire private security. The little people are screwed. If they use a gun to defend themselves, they'll be prosecuted by the leftist "justice" system. Their best hope other than to move away is to hope and pray they don't become a victim.

The loss of tourism dollars is staggering: San Francisco is projected to miss out on $10.7 billion in tourism spending in 2020 and 2021, staggering losses after a decade-long boom in travel, according to the city's tourism bureau.

Reactions: Gnat91

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Yes, CA has become a hell hole. The affluent can afford and do hire private security. The little people are screwed. If they use a gun to defend themselves, they'll be prosecuted by the leftist "justice" system. Their best hope other than to move away is to hope and pray they don't become a victim.

The loss of tourism dollars is staggering: San Francisco is projected to miss out on $10.7 billion in tourism spending in 2020 and 2021, staggering losses after a decade-long boom in travel, according to the city's tourism bureau.
No one should ever visit that shthole city. Don’t spend a dime there and support those scumbags. If you have to see it, rent a car 50 miles away, drive in, bring your own food and water, then leave at the end of the day.

Last edited:

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
In Carmel-by-the-Sea last week, thieves wielding sledgehammers broke into a high-end jewellery store, smashing, grabbing and then fleeing.
Unfortunately, it is highly probable that tournament players at the Pebble Beach tournament [golf course very close to Carmel], which will be played shortly, will be impacted by crime. Wouldn't be surprised if several players decide to skip the tournament because of crime.

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Your post seems a little far reaching, but the truth is you aren't far off.
"A little" far reaching?!! It would be charitable to call that a ginormous understatement. Jerry and his railing against "Dem-Media" and what he perceives as the "perfidious and evil undermining of Judeo-Christian values" is not just incessant, but crazy.

I also happen to LOVE the frequency with which he uses the term "woke." As if that was some kind of mortal insult. He can call me "woke" seven days a week and twice on Sunday and it won't bother me in the slightest. In fact, it will induce me to chuckle. The poor guy ...

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009

No kidding. SF and LA are going to slide into the sea. As punishment from a wrathful God for becoming a modern reincarnation of Sodom and Gomorrah. Just ask Jerry, or any of the other RWNJ's who post here regularly.

And as for tourism, who WOULDN'T prefer Memphis to San Francisco?! So many places to see and so much to do in Memphis. There's Graceland, and ......... Oh, wait ...

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
"A little" far reaching?!! It would be charitable to call that a ginormous understatement. Jerry and his railing against "Dem-Media" and what he perceives as the "perfidious and evil undermining of Judeo-Christian values" is not just incessant, but crazy.

I also happen to LOVE the frequency with which he uses the term "woke." As if that was some kind of mortal insult. He can call me "woke" seven days a week and twice on Sunday and it won't bother me in the slightest. In fact, it will induce me to chuckle. The poor guy ...

Woke is an insult. It is the antithesis of common sense and logic.

And the left's hatred of religion is very well documented. Well, all religions that don't throw gay people off buildings that is.........

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Unfortunately, it is highly probable that tournament players at the Pebble Beach tournament [golf course very close to Carmel], which will be played shortly, will be impacted by crime. Wouldn't be surprised if several players decide to skip the tournament because of crime.

That will be interesting to see if are any incidents. I certainly hope not, but the left has normalized crime and violence so well that it is more likely than not at this point.

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009

And the left's hatred of religion is very well documented. Well, all religions that don't throw gay people off buildings that is.........
The work product of a poor bastard who lives in a small hovel with an unpaved driveway, in the middle of nowhere, with tomatoes (and the gays, I mean guys, down at the Olive Garden) as his only friends. :oops:

TN Lion

Sep 6, 2001
No kidding. SF and LA are going to slide into the sea. As punishment from a wrathful God for becoming a modern reincarnation of Sodom and Gomorrah. Just ask Jerry, or any of the other RWNJ's who post here regularly.

And as for tourism, who WOULDN'T prefer Memphis to San Francisco?! So many places to see and so much to do in Memphis. There's Graceland, and ......... Oh, wait ...
I agree that Memphis is a shithole. It's funny that you compared SF to Memphis, another city that has been run exclusively by the Democrat party for many decades. You're not very bright, are you.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
The work product of a poor bastard who lives in a small hovel with an unpaved driveway, in the middle of nowhere, with tomatoes (and the gays, I mean guys, down at the Olive Garden) as his only friends. :oops:

LOL.... The work product has us a 7 figure net worth, no mortgage, colleges paid for.............. You needn't worry about us.

10:45 AM Pacific time and you are already thinking about another man's Johnson....

Reactions: Ski and Hotshoe

Hotshoe

Feb 15, 2012
Which neighborhoods? Name a few in pa or nj.

Which affluent liberals are against tax breaks for themselves? Is Elizabeth Warren against tax breaks for herself? Anyone in Hollywood turning down tax breaks? Which elected Dems support public housing projects or safe injection sites in their own neighborhood? You might want to check the demographics of biden's or Clinton's neighborhoods.
I believe you missed his point. They don't live there, they just work for them.

Hotshoe

Feb 15, 2012
You show your true colors, daily. Typical, elitist White lib living in a White community. Mocking others for their position in life is not becoming of a liberal. So you're better than Knox because he doesn't have a paved driveway? Have you ever been to Wellington? Some of the richest folks in the world. Very few paved driveways on horse property worth millions. They also grow tomatoes. I guess a garden is beneath you. What a clown you've become.

Hotshoe

Feb 15, 2012
LOL.... The work product has us a 7 figure net worth, no mortgage, colleges paid for.............. You needn't worry about us.

10:45 AM Pacific time and you are already thinking about another man's Johnson....
He's become a complete, bigoted, joke.

Reactions: m.knox

Fac

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2001
He fits the word I came across recently. Ignoranus (N) - Both dumb and an *sshole

Reactions: Hotshoe

franklinman

Apr 5, 2011
Pa and Fl

Ya, but not when a stink'n CON says it, hypocrites .

Gorki224

Jun 12, 2021

Jerry you should be a poet for the anti-wokeists.

Latest posts