ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana will beat Penn State.

Write it down. Clifford will lay an egg. The silver lining is this will force Franklin to start Allar against Maryland. Allar will enter late vs Indiana and play well but by then the Hoosiers will have sown up the victory.

BDF400-A2-01-D2-4-EA5-875-C-1393-DC4-B4-DE7.gif

Write it down. Clifford will lay an egg. The silver lining is this will force Franklin to start Allar against Maryland. Allar will enter late vs Indiana and play well but by then the Hoosiers will have sown up the victory.
I‘ll take “Posts That Didn’t Age Well” for $400, Alex.

Why would I care what Pitt does?
Pitt did beat a ranked team yesterday something we haven't done but the reality is the Big Ten West is garbage--anyone in the ACC could win the west only to get destroyed by Ohio State/Michigan

Pitt did beat a ranked team yesterday something we haven't done but the reality is the Big Ten West is garbage--anyone in the ACC could win the west only to get destroyed by Ohio State/Michigan

You said Syracuse sucks and that nothing to do with them counts.

So why do you credit Pitt with beating a ranked team, yet everybody else gets the "but they aren't no good" tag?

Be consistent.

Reactions: joeaubie21

Remember when he was claiming over and over and over that Clemson is an elite.... tier 1 team.... and hapless ASWP could win the b1g West - claim originally made while ASWP was still ranked after they lost to Tenn, but repeatedly doubled-downed on including even after they recorded their 4th loss! This pos posing-fan troll is so clearly a bitter, lunatic ASWP douche.

So why do you credit Pitt with beating a ranked team, yet everybody else gets the "but they aren't no good" tag?

Be consistent.

The other thing that cracks me up is SorryExcuse is now 6-3 and is not going to be ranked by anyone, but somehow this is an "impressive" win by ASWP, but PSU's complete pasting of 6-3 Minny somehow is against complete garbage..... Only an ASWP troll could claim that the ACC is anything but garbage after that performance by Clemson vs ND.

Reactions: gptakba and bison13

Be consistent.
Oh I agree--Syracuse sucks but many here think they're great because they beat an awful Purdue team

The other thing that cracks me up is SorryExcuse is now 6-3 and is not going to be ranked by anyone, but somehow this is an "impressive" win by ASWP, but PSU's complete pasting of 6-3 Minny somehow is against complete garbage..... Only an ASWP troll could claim that the ACC is anything but garbage after that performance by Clemson vs ND.
Morgan didn't play
And beating Syracuse isn't impressive
The ACC is garbage--ND beat UNC as well. Doesn't alter the fact the Big Ten West is equally garbage.

• Haha
Reactions: The Spin Meister
Oh I agree--Syracuse sucks but many here think they're great because they beat an awful Purdue team

I get that, but it's your presentation. You wrote that:

Pitt did beat a ranked team yesterday something we haven't done

I get that they technically beat a ranked team, but Syracuse isn't sniffing the top 25 again after this 3 game losing streak. Nobody who evaluates them is going to point that out.

Of course, we aren't going to see a ranked team until the bowl. The way the schedule has gone, we've played 2 teams that will finish no worse than top 10 and nobody else on the schedule is going to end up ranked by years end it doesn't appear.

I get that, but it's your presentation. You wrote that:

I get that they technically beat a ranked team, but Syracuse isn't sniffing the top 25 again after this 3 game losing streak. Nobody who evaluates them is going to point that out.

Of course, we aren't going to see a ranked team until the bowl. The way the schedule has gone, we've played 2 teams that will finish no worse than top 10 and nobody else on the schedule is going to end up ranked by years end it doesn't appear.
Right--they did beat a ranked team that many here claimed all year was great until that narrative no longer worked for them
You know I don't care about a bowl game as the top players will sit out. If we play Bama or Clemson for example we won't see any of their top guys entering the draft.

Right--they did beat a ranked team that many here claimed all year was great until that narrative no longer worked for them
You know I don't care about a bowl game as the top players will sit out. If we play Bama or Clemson for example we won't see any of their top guys entering the draft.
Save this quote! So ‘bama already has two losses. Really think that none of their players will opt out of whatever ’meaningless’ bowl they play in?

Save this quote! So ‘bama already has two losses. Really think that none of their players will opt out of whatever ’meaningless’ bowl they play in?

I wouldn't be shocked if Anderson doesn't develop some sort of "high ankle sprain".

Kind of wondering if that's what is going on with Olu...

Ah, you have to go with what you have. Our middle tier teams have to be better than usual to get ranked. SEC teams get ranked higher out of the gate.

Media is also trying to keep the other conferences relevant. Their pushed darlings are nose diving. It's part of it. Okie State. Syracuse. NC State. Wake. There just isn't a discernable difference between 16 to 35 ranked teams. Matchups, injuries, home field. Any given Saturday.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Go light a phart.

Ah, you have to go with what you have. Our middle tier teams have to be better than usual to get ranked. SEC teams get ranked higher out of the gate.

Media is also trying to keep the other conferences relevant. Their pushed darlings are nose diving. It's part of it. Okie State. Syracuse. NC State. Wake. There just isn't a discernable difference between 16 to 35 ranked teams. Matchups, injuries, home field. Any given Saturday.
Right--this year even more so than most there aren't many competitive teams. There's a huge gap after the top 10-12 teams with everyone else.

Maybe you were thinking bill O'Brien was still the coach. Didn't he lose to Indiana?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Idiot.

The game was a lot of fun. For PSU fans. The weather forecasts had the chance of rain last Saturday at 50% to 80%, And it was cloudy all day, with a tiny amount of drizzle for a few minutes during the second half. But it worked out fine. The temperature was in the mid 60's. In Indiana. In November. It was 20 degrees warmer than my home in NorCal.

The Lions started a bit slowly, but asserted their physicality on both the OL and DL as the game wore on. Clifford made some nice passes, and Singleton looked very good. IU was reportedly down to their fifth string QB by the time the game ended. Brutal.

Hoosier Stadium looks OLD. Much smaller than Beaver Stadium, but why add on if you aren't drawing fans to begin with? The Hoosier fans made a decent showing for this game, but you should have seen how people drained out of the Stadium at halftime, with the Lions up 24-7. The ENTIRE student section melted away. Reminded me of some Cal home games. (Who wants to stay and watch your team getting drubbed?)

Incidentally, I toured the IU campus a bit the day after the game, and they have some really nice old buildings. The Student Union building was impressive. Lots of amenities there. But the most memorable building was the re-constructed Fiji Chapter House. Ginormous, and really impressive. Our hosts told us the reconstruction was largely funded by Mark Cuban, who was a Fiji at IU (Class of 1981).

Laffy, did you get by Assembly Hall? Lots of basketball history there and an unusual seating configuration.
Roy: As you may be aware, Assembly Hall is located right next to Hoosier Stadium. I did not know that until we walked to the Stadium from Campus for the football game. Given that IU has no real football tradition, but a rich basketball tradition, I was interested in getting a look at the inside of Assembly Hall, but there simply was not time to arrange it. I flew in Friday night and flew out Sunday midday.

Have you been there?

ADVERTISEMENT