ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Rhule in PA recruiting article.....

Nebraska has offered to PA MaxPreps player of year, a sophomore qb. Apparently, GA, UM, A&M, and Wisky all have as well.

Where is PSU, or why is PSU MIA?

Who cares? Why? They don't have a deadline for offering do they? Is there a prize for being first to offer?
Perhaps the coaching staff has already evaluated him and don't love him as much as the experts at MaxPreps?
Are all those offers committable right now?

Nebraska has offered to PA MaxPreps player of year, a sophomore qb. Apparently, GA, UM, A&M, and Wisky all have as well.

Where is PSU, or why is PSU MIA?

PSU is ahead of the curve here. This kid plays on a team that wins 70-0 almost every week as the coach pads stats until maybe the 2nd to the last drive with his recruited starters against competition that is at a safety risk of playing them.

How do you evaluate a qb who has 10 seconds in a clean pocket and his choice of receivers all open by 10 yards or so? That's almost every pass play. Stone is not developing because his team plays teams that have no players that would make their 2 deep. It would be like evaluating a power 5 college player whose team plays only against div 2 or worse.

Reactions: marshall23
I saw Adam DiMichele's name in there. Nice to see him doing well. I remember when he transferred to Temple, and presumably ended up with Rhule there.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
PSU is ahead of the curve here. This kid plays on a team that wins 70-0 almost every week as the coach pads stats until maybe the 2nd to the last drive with his recruited starters against competition that is at a safety risk of playing them.

How do you evaluate a qb who has 10 seconds in a clean pocket and his choice of receivers all open by 10 yards or so? That's almost every pass play. Stone is not developing because his team plays teams that have no players that would make their 2 deep. It would be like evaluating a power 5 college player whose team plays only against div 2 or worse.
They'll get him on campus for a camp. That will be a more reliable evaluation.

Reactions: marshall23
They'll get him on campus for a camp. That will be a more reliable evaluation.
Yep, you beat me to it as I scolled down....

Probably multiple camps. And he may not be near the best QB in the prime PSU recruiting area and may only get a verbal offer then due to not being at the top of the PSU QB board.

All just speculation at this point.......

But seriously, would any PA kid that has been to a white out choose corn country over PSU due to being offered later in the process by PSU......

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
Yep, you beat me to it as I scolled down....

Probably multiple camps. And he may not be near the best QB in the prime PSU recruiting area and may only get a verbal offer then due to not being at the top of the PSU QB board.

All just speculation at this point.......

But seriously, would any PA kid that has been to a white out choose corn country over PSU due to being offered later in the process by PSU......
It would seem to me that recruiting is more about being right than being first. Ideally you could have both. I'd bet that this staff isn't unaware of a can't miss QB in their own back yard.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
I only found it interesting in an otherwise boring news cycle, and that some heavyweights are in on him, but PSU isn't. I recall PSU offering to a fresh/soph RB from Aliquippa. Just curious why PSU isn't on-board with an in-state recruitment lining up with Allar departing. No criticism here, just curious.

Kinda reminds me of Smolik in Iowa.

PSU has historically not had much success recruiting McD. Aside from Andre Robinson, I can’t recall a significant recruit coming to PSU from McD. Maybe the relationship with the head coach at McD isn’t as strong as it could be.

I only found it interesting in an otherwise boring news cycle, and that some heavyweights are in on him, but PSU isn't. I recall PSU offering to a fresh/soph RB from Aliquippa. Just curious why PSU isn't on-board with an in-state recruitment lining up with Allar departing. No criticism here, just curious.

Kinda reminds me of Smolik in Iowa.
How do you know Penn State "isn't in on him"? The fact that PSU hasn't made a formal offer to a sophomore in High School doesn't mean they haven't been in touch with him and aren't pursuing him.

ADVERTISEMENT