ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting statistics

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005
I read these statistics from an article I will post below. I find it interesting that the left has just spent the last several month telling everyone to follow the science regarding Covid-19, but chooses to ignore it in times of convenience. I realize liberals run on emotion, but how can we have a constructive public policy debate without data?

"In 2018, the latest year for which such data have been published, African-Americans made up 53% of known homicide offenders in the U.S. and commit about 60% of robberies, though they are 13% of the population," Heather Mac Donald wrote in The Wall Street Journal this week.

"In 2018 there were 7,407 black homicide victims," she went on. "Assuming a comparable number of victims last year, those nine unarmed black victims of police shootings represent 0.1% of all African-Americans killed in 2019. By contrast, a police officer is 18½ times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male is to be killed by a police officer."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mi...ey-rejects-city-council-push-to-defund-police

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.