165 - Facundo - #15 (+2)
174 - Starocci - #1 (Unchanged)
184 - Brooks - #1 (Unchanged)
197 - Dean - #5 (-4)
285 - Kerk - #1 (Unchanged)

Other notable rankings:
Beard - #4 (+5)
Laird - #8 (+4)

Bartlett at 9 is fair. 4 seems generous for his body of work so far this season. He's beating who he's supposed to beat, one close call (not counting the Evans match) that he ended up pinning anyways.

I’m reserving judgment until I see a real difference compared to what we’ve seen before.

In the meantime, don’t sleep on that Swiderski fella for Top 4 by season’s end. He comes to fight — no ifs, ands, or buts.
(Well, an occasional head-butt wouldn’t surprise me too much).

Reactions: danoftw and jack66
I’m reserving judgment until I see a real difference compared to what we’ve seen before.

In the meantime, don’t sleep on that Swiderski fella for Top 4 by season’s end. He comes to fight — no ifs, ands, or buts.
(Well, an occasional head-butt wouldn’t surprise me too much).

Agree. So far, Bartlett isn't a hugely different wrestler at 141. That said, he's not getting horsed around, and many of those close losses at 149 should become close wins at 141.

You're right about 141. It is wide open, and I don't see anyone with whom Swiderski can't 'butt heads'. I won't be surprised if he and Beau are both AAs.

Bartlett had an uncharacteristically sloppy weekend (gave up very bad takedowns in both his duals) and still found ways to win because he does the overpowering nowadays, which is a good sign. Most guys have lost already and not to other Top 10 guys.

Once again, beating the dead horse here, 141 is open: We're less than a month into the season and Beau is one of 5 remaining undefeated 141s (6 if you don't count Matthews loss to Alirez) The others: Alirez, Alvarez, Droegemueller, Woods.

Bartlett had an uncharacteristically sloppy weekend (gave up very bad takedowns in both his duals) and still found ways to win because he does the overpowering nowadays, which is a good sign. Most guys have lost already and not to other Top 10 guys.

Once again, beating the dead horse here, 141 is open: We're less than a month into the season and Beau is one of 5 remaining undefeated 141s (6 if you don't count Matthews loss to Alirez) The others: Alirez, Alvarez, Droegemueller, Woods.
I think that Beau undoubtedly seems much more confident as well as physically stronger at 141. No, he will never wrestle with a Jason Nolf or even SVN style of aggressive offense, but I’m feeling much better about him this season and I think he can AA in a wide open weight class.

ADVERTISEMENT