ADVERTISEMENT

Interview of Andy Matter - 2x NCAA Champ for Penn State

NittanyLion84

Jan 24, 2016
PA - D9
The first 17 minutes is discussing how his sons went to Penn and Andy’s business career. Then he discusses Bill Koll, then about his sophomore year upset by pin, then discussed that you have to be in great shape and you must own the 3rd period and a mindset of you must win.

The first 17 minutes is discussing how his sons went to Penn and Andy’s business career. Then he discusses Bill Koll, then about his sophomore year upset by pin, then discussed that you have to be in great shape and you must own the 3rd period and a mindset of you must win.

Any chance this is the same Matters on this board? Lol

Any chance this is the same Matters on this board? Lol
Nope. He was just my first folkstyle wrestling idol. Rutgers continues to follow the path downhill that I saw coming despite the window dressing of AA and Suriano's titles. I was told by Rutgers fans that I was delusional thinking Hamilton might have zero impact on the wrestling program, for example. How's that working out? 2016 remains the high water mark for Rutgers and that's becoming a long time ago.

Nope. He was just my first folkstyle wrestling idol. Rutgers continues to follow the path downhill that I saw coming despite the window dressing of AA and Suriano's titles. I was told by Rutgers fans that I was delusional thinking Hamilton might have zero impact on the wrestling program, for example. How's that working out? 2016 remains the high water mark for Rutgers and that's becoming a long time ago.
Not sure what p4p rank Hamilton was coming out of hs but I don’t think it surprised many that he chose football over wrestling.. I’m sure he would have done fine if he chose to wrestle.

ADVERTISEMENT