ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa coach flopping to ground and mocking our injuries

My mistake. So then it wasn't a spur of the moment thing. The guy had 28 seconds to opt to not be a jackass. He did it anyway.
It takes Iowa folks 28 seconds just to get their brain to get the rest of their body to do what it wants….there are a lot of vehicle/pedestrian accidents in Iowa because of it.

Worst #2 team in the country this late into the season in a long time. Top 15 team probably at best.
Nah, the Miami team that went into Pitt undefeated in late November a few years ago and lost was worse.

But this Iowa team certainly did not look impressive. I think they could easily lose to Nebraska and certainly will have a very hard time scoring on Wisconsin. Assuming they do make it into the CCG and have to play OSU, they'll get obliterated

What are you talking about. The coach sat out a play. Miraculously he was fine. I think th

I certainly have a new respect for our mods, as they have enough class to not call visiting posters names.

but after the POS examples you have had like JP, JS and now Franklin, I understand that you guys don’t know any better
I hope you enjoyed your last post….see ya, dumb ass.

I saw it for the first time on this thread. I do not approve... but coaches do lots of inappropriate histrionics in the heat of the moment during an intense game. The reaction over here seems a bit over the top. Good luck the rest of the way. Sounds like you are all fired up for a rematch...let's make it happen!

Reactions: hdoug3
I'm out of breathe reading all these posts, I think I'm going to lie down for a few minutes to give everyone a break.

I saw it for the first time on this thread. I do not approve... but coaches do lots of inappropriate histrionics in the heat of the moment during an intense game. The reaction over here seems a bit over the top. Good luck the rest of the way. Sounds like you are all fired up for a rematch...let's make it happen!

I realize that you play a schedule similar to an ACC team, but that would still require you to win a few more games... even if you do not have a single ranked opponent on your schedule (your inflated ranking is only what it is because you are still receiving credit for beating IU and ISU... honestly, at this point, that's pretty pathetic), and we have 3 top 10 opponents left on ours.

Iowa would not be able to survive the B10 East.

I actually agree with you, Farleyhawk, about the Iowa coach and his actions. In the heat of the moment, I give him a pass. Heck, I wouldn't want a TV camera trained on me in my recliner during the game. 😀

Not surprisingly, I disagree with you about Penn Staters' reaction to the assertion that Penn State was playing games with injuries. For a couple of reasons. One, the assertion makes zero logical sense. And I haven't seen one Iowa fan explain why Penn State would be motivated to slow down Iowa's offense by faking injuries, especially using our best defensive players to fake injuries and, thus, have to sit out. Two, your fans repeatedly booed players who were injured, including players who were so injured they didn't return to the game. I realize the fans believed the players were faking. But how could the fans possibly know in the moment who was faking and who wasn't? But it didn't matter, the second a Penn State player went down, your fans started booing. Imagine that's your son out there and you're worried sick when you see him on the ground and the crowd is booing, and booing loudest when he gets up and walks off. It was tasteless and completely uncalled for. And the fact that many Iowa posters spent much of the day here on a Penn State fan site trying to justify the unjustifiable just didn't sit right with us. Plus we're mad we lost a close game. Really, not sure why in the world you'd be on a Penn State site anyhow and what you expected.

Reactions: bytir
Nah, the Miami team that went into Pitt undefeated in late November a few years ago and lost was worse.

But this Iowa team certainly did not look impressive. I think they could easily lose to Nebraska and certainly will have a very hard time scoring on Wisconsin. Assuming they do make it into the CCG and have to play OSU, they'll get obliterated
I can't believe Iowa does not have a single ranked opponent on their schedule and is effing ranked #2! Must be nice to play in the ACC

• Haha
Reactions: longliveCS40
The announcer wasn’t making the case, he was explaining why the Iowa fans were booing….he never said they were justified in doing it, just explaining to the audience what the fans were thinking.
The faking of injuries was rediculous----anything to try to keep crowd out of it

Reactions: hdoug3
I actually agree with you, Farleyhawk, about the Iowa coach and his actions. In the heat of the moment, I give him a pass. Heck, I wouldn't want a TV camera trained on me in my recliner during the game. 😀

Not surprisingly, I disagree with you about Penn Staters' reaction to the assertion that Penn State was playing games with injuries. For a couple of reasons. One, the assertion makes zero logical sense. And I haven't seen one Iowa fan explain why Penn State would be motivated to slow down Iowa's offense by faking injuries, especially using our best defensive players to fake injuries and, thus, have to sit out. Two, your fans repeatedly booed players who were injured, including players who were so injured they didn't return to the game. I realize the fans believed the players were faking. But how could the fans possibly know in the moment who was faking and who wasn't? But it didn't matter, the second a Penn State player went down, your fans started booing. Imagine that's your son out there and you're worried sick when you see him on the ground and the crowd is booing, and booing loudest when he gets up and walks off. It was tasteless and completely uncalled for. And the fact that many Iowa posters spent much of the day here on a Penn State fan site trying to justify the unjustifiable just didn't sit right with us. Plus we're mad we lost a close game. Really, not sure why in the world you'd be on a Penn State site anyhow and what you expected.
They are obsessed with us. When beating a PSU team that is ranked behind them, at home, without a QB, is means for storming the field... the envy is real here, folks.

• Haha
Reactions: longliveCS40
On the bright side with NIL available, some of these players can start doing Mattress Firm commercials from all their experience with lying down.
I’m quite sure none of Iowa’s players worry about NIL.

On the bright side with NIL available, some of these players can start doing Mattress Firm commercials from all their experience with lying down.

He’s here all week folks! Try the veal…
giphy.gif

Reactions: Stephen Hawk King
The faking of injuries was rediculous----anything to try to keep crowd out of it
Good lord you’re dumb. Please don’t reproduce and if you have already, do your kids a favor and give them up for adoption. The state of Iowa already has enough stupid people.

• Haha
Reactions: We Are . . .
Nah, Clifford alone was keeping the crowd out of it. You are extremely lucky that became injured. I also didn't realize that players don't return to the game after "faked injuries" - because that was the case with 4 players, but yet they were all boo'ed

• Haha
Reactions: sob5

I’m quite sure none of Iowa’s players worry about NIL.
I don't think any player "worries" about NIL, but in the case of the Hawks their too busy winning. I think Penn state should worry about going to Columbus. With all this lying down stuff they may look like speedbumps for those Wrs

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: EdgeCat and hdoug3
I don't think any player "worries" about NIL, but in the case of the Hawks their too busy winning. I think Penn state should worry about going to Columbus. With all this lying down stuff they may look like speedbumps for those Wrs
Be thankful you’re not playing OSU….of course, you play in the remedial division.

Your misspelling of ridiculous is more ridiculous than the ridiculous idea that you think Penn State would tell their best defensive players to fake injuries to slow down Iowa's already in slow motion offense. Ridiculous!!
And he likely won Iowa’s state spelling bee.

Do they teach spelling in Iowa? *they’re

So you guys are saying this was a legitimate injury that he had no ability to get back to the sidelines. He had no physical contact on the play, and obviously he came back in so it wasn’t a major non contact injury. He just looks winded and decided to sit down. I am ok with injuries but to avoid questions like this I do think rule changes need to occur. If a player is injured to the point of a stoppage of play, he should be out for the remainder of the drive which seems fair.

First off, Iowa coaches shouldn’t mock injuries. Without them they lose bt 25+ points at home.

secondly, acting like that is everything we teach our kids not to do. It’s wrong on that basic a level and if you can’t see that well…..

Yeah I spent so much energy coming up with that I think I may need to lie down
Is there room in your bed with your fat ass wife in there? Maybe lie on the floor, you can avoid all the crumbs wifey dropped there. Now go play in the corn.

These Hawk suckers are over here all day busting balls about how blah, blah, etc. I never went on another teams site after a win but i will now. Unless they are like Pitt and ban every stater.

Your team will lose, most likely in Indy, but Iowa traditionally shits the bed against an overlooked opponent in season, i'll wait.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT