ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa fan rips "Captain Kirk Regime" after Nebraska debacle

Jerry

May 29, 2001
A choke job for the ages in Iowa City yesterday, and the natives are restless. Very restless. Below is a representative sample of sentiment taken from an Iowa site.

"They will be propping Kirk up on the sideline with his gum, drool bucket, and a notepad and crayon while dipshit haircut runs the program into the ground."

LOL!

Bigger picture, our conference's lopsided divisional alignment is a bad joke, and the only reason it's structured this way is to serve the needs of the Big Two.

>>Hope all you want but the truth to all the blind faithful at the altar of Kirk is that our abysmal offense, coaching, inability to use or promote the portal, inability to develop a competent offensive scheme, or make game-time adjustments, stubbornness to stick with upper classmen over more talented underclassmen or admit mistakes has been a major detriment preventing this program from becoming a legit talent to challenge for the B10 championship more than once a decade. The sub-par competition in the B10W and a solid opportunistic defense has been propping up this shit show through a lot of miraculous wins and bloated W-L records.

Iowa's record over the past decade under the Capt. Kirk regime has been mostly smoke and mirrors which gets exposed when we do make the big game on rare occasion and are subsequently steamrolled. But we do things the "Iowa Way" and we are only 1 of 5-6 teams with a winning record each of the last 10 years (albeit against an inferior B10W division), so the money keeps rolling in and Kirk has secured absolute power and zero accountability. Blah, Blah, Blah, rinse, repeat.

Frankly you would think major P5 team with an offense rated worst or near worst in all of D1 for multiple years would demand some sort of accountability and action - but No.... We hide behind surliness and platitudes and how dare we speak out or challenge the Emperor and his son although anyone who removes their blinders can see they have no clothes. He has no B10 championships under the new division system and frankly the Capt. only has 3 quality New Year's Day or equivalent bowl victories in his 24-yr tenure.

Buckle up for at least another 4-5 years folks because it's going to be painful, and we will get no quality skilled offensive position players to commit to Iowa which would allow some success despite Haircut's ineptitude. Why would you come play here as a highly touted QB, RB, or WR recruit? I am amazed Phil Parker sticks around because his back has got to be sore from carrying the load for this shit show...They will be propping Kirk up on the sideline with his gum, drool bucket, and a notepad and crayon while dipshit haircut runs the program into the ground.

Well at least the Nebby game exposed the fact that sans a mistake free game and a defensive score, we have no hope of a victory at the hands of the offense against a mediocre or better opponent. We will be spared a repeat of a complete thrashing in Indy and the recipient of a bunch of laughter from the B10 critics who say (and rightfully so many years) that the B10 is a joke especially in the West.<<

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
Yesterday was a glorious day. First off I'm a Pennsylvania native and Penn state fan.
I'm also a grad of Nebraska an Iowa state university. Living in Iowa i put up with the holier-than-thou attitude of the Iowa fans.... not all of them.
The are so much better than Nebraska!!! Hey they are like... 32 and 2 against the likes of Nebraska, Iowa state and Minnesota the last 15 years!!! They must be great!!!
This week it was how they were going to own Nebraska!!!
A little humility will do them good.

Don’t worry, their fans will be back on our board next year telling us how much better their team is than ours and then getting mad if we don’t support their opinion.

Reactions: Jerry
Didn’t watch but I can only assume
Nebraska must have been faking injuries on most plays (both offense and defense) in order to pull off such an upset.

Shameful.

Reactions: bison13 and Jerry
Didn’t watch but I can only assume
Nebraska must have been faking injuries on most plays (both offense and defense) in order to pull off such an upset.

Shameful.
I’m not sure those are injuries against Iowa, I think it’s defensive players falling asleep.

Reactions: Parkland Fan
If they want to blame Ferentz for anything it should be WR and QB recruiting. Minus the TE it looked like they had a Division 3 receiving corps. Getting 7 wins out of that team with the absolute lack of talent in the passing game is miraculous!

Don’t worry, their fans will be back on our board next year telling us how much better their team is than ours and then getting mad if we don’t support their opinion.
And their wrestling team is going to lose Nationals by 50 points, but they’ve been talking themselves into having a chance this year - if about 15 things go right for them and 10 things go wrong for us.

B1G west is really down this year. Iowa, Wisky, NW all look bad, bereft of offensive talent, and they're not getting better any time soon. And Nebraska's decline has been long and steady and is probably not going to reverse.

Have recruiting patterns shifted in ways that hurt programs like this?

Is there not enough talent to flow to places like Iowa City?

Ferentz's teams in his glory years (if you can call it that) almost always had one or two really dangerous receivers (Tim Dwight, Johnson-Koulianos, Kahlil Hill, Marvin McNutt) and usually one all-B1G caliber running back (Shonn Greene, Tavian Banks, Wadley etc).

Seems like Ferentz isn't able to recruit players like that any more. Maybe the scandal with their S&C coach a few years back really damaged Ferentz' ability to recruit black skill players. Or maybe this is something more structural in college football?

B1G west is really down this year. Iowa, Wisky, NW all look bad, bereft of offensive talent, and they're not getting better any time soon. And Nebraska's decline has been long and steady and is probably not going to reverse.

Have recruiting patterns shifted in ways that hurt programs like this?

Is there not enough talent to flow to places like Iowa City?

Ferentz's teams in his glory years (if you can call it that) almost always had one or two really dangerous receivers (Tim Dwight, Johnson-Koulianos, Kahlil Hill, Marvin McNutt) and usually one all-B1G caliber running back (Shonn Greene, Tavian Banks, Wadley etc).

Seems like Ferentz isn't able to recruit players like that any more. Maybe the scandal with their S&C coach a few years back really damaged Ferentz' ability to recruit black skill players. Or maybe this is something more structural in college football?
Yeah, the Big Ten West is a joke unfortunately this year. Hopefully some of those teams start becoming competitive.

Yeah, the Big Ten West is a joke unfortunately this year. Hopefully some of those teams start becoming competitive.
I like what Bielema (sp) has done at IL. I hope he keep them in the ascendency. NW has taken a major step backward, as has WI.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT