ADVERTISEMENT

iowa is a fraud!

Great game, its too bad Penn State can't put on a performance like Iowa just did. Fantastic season for them, happy for Kirk and the team. Its tough they came up short.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Must respectfully disagree. While I really didn't care which team won, I enjoyed watching a game that featured defense. At least it wasn't one of those Big 12 track meets.

Agree, it was a great game with great defense. Unfortunately, it's tough to cheer for almost any team from our conference because they all have so many posters that come on here and act like morons (I know, these people represent a small number of a fan base but it still makes it easy to hate them all) with Iowa and OSU having the most idiots.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
I think the OP was TIC. Regardless, I was expecting Iowa to get crushed but they hung in there. I was torn between wanting Iowa to win since Dantonio is a smack off and wanting MSU to win since the Iowa message board fans are also smack offs. As I was watching the game I realized I was totally ambivalent and wondered why I was wasting my time watching in the first place. I'm glad I stuck it out since it was an entertaining game.

Either one of those teams would/will get killed by the likes of Bama or Clemson. Oklahoma will likely be exposed in the post-season per their typical Stoopsian collapse, but MSU and Iowa are good - not great - teams.

Either one of those teams would/will get killed by the likes of Bama or Clemson. Oklahoma will likely be exposed in the post-season per their typical Stoopsian collapse, but MSU and Iowa are g

I heard the same thing last year about OSU. Good defense will keep MSU in any game.

I heard the same thing last year about OSU. Good defense will keep MSU in any game.
Difference is that tosu had athletes on par with those teams, while Sparty does not. They managed 16 points on an overrated Iowa team (which lucky for them has NO pulse on offense). Bama would be a closer game for Sparty because they are not lights-out on offense, but Clemson will beat them by 2 TD's if they play.

They lost to a team that is going to the college playoff by 3 points and was winning that game until the end. It is not like they lost to Michigan State by 40 points they lost by 3, I would say they are one of the top college teams in the land

Agree, it was a great game with great defense. Unfortunately, it's tough to cheer for almost any team from our conference because they all have so many posters that come on here and act like morons (I know, these people represent a small number of a fan base but it still makes it easy to hate them all) with Iowa and OSU having the most idiots.
Penn State has a lot of posters who come on here and other boards and act like morons......

They lost to a team that is going to the college playoff by 3 points and was winning that game until the end. It is not like they lost to Michigan State by 40 points they lost by 3, I would say they are one of the top college teams in the land
That's fair...respect your opinion. Where we differ in our thought processes is that I don't think that Sparty belongs in the playoff either. IMO, tosu - despite ever meeting their full potential this year - is the only team talented enough to play for a NC. The rest of the conference is a collection of also-rans.

That's fair...respect your opinion. Where we differ in our thought processes is that I don't think that Sparty belongs in the playoff either. IMO, tosu - despite ever meeting their full potential this year - is the only team talented enough to play for a NC. The rest of the conference is a collection of also-rans.

You just showed your lack of football acumen. You are judging teams based on recruiting rankings and supposed potential, instead of how they actually played this year. MSU dominated OSU in the trenches, and that is the most important part of football. As a result, MSU, with a healthy Cook, can beat anyone. Oh, and Iowa took them down to the wire. Calling Iowa a fraud makes you look ridiculous.

Penn State has a lot of posters who come on here and other boards and act like morons......

Agree and I don't mind posters that come on here and talk a little trash. It's the Ped State and Sandusky comments that turn me off of a particular team. Regardless of what people think happened, to blame our entire fan base is the very definition of stupid.

Reactions: Marshall30
You just showed your lack of football acumen. You are judging teams based on recruiting rankings and supposed potential, instead of how they actually played this year. MSU dominated OSU in the trenches, and that is the most important part of football. As a result, MSU, with a healthy Cook, can beat anyone. Oh, and Iowa took them down to the wire. Calling Iowa a fraud makes you look ridiculous.
Well, thanks for that!

First, I never said Iowa was a "fraud"...in fact, I rarely (if ever) use that word (not into latter day sports cliches). Iowa beat exactly no one this year, and lost to the only good team it played. They're a good - not great - team and as such, are overrated.

Second, answer this - if tosu and Sparty played each other multiple times, which team would win the majority of those games? IMO, the bucks were poorly coached this year, and as a result, rarely played up to their potential. Sparty lost to a mediocre Nebraska team...and played poorly for long stretches in many others (even with a healthy Cook). Again a good - not great - team. So my "acumen" aside, I just don't see a legitimate contender in the b1g this year, but rather a bunch of good teams.

Reactions: Doc-M
Great game played by two fine teams. Iowa is a top tear team as well. It came down to one play at the end. I know the feeling when we lost to Iowa! Iowa must be feeling it.

Reactions: toddbrewster

I still don't think he understands the :eek:, but he sure does have the "I. Am. Outraged." part down pat!

I think Pavlov should have conducted his experiment on this board - better specimens than his dogs.

I liked the game yesterday, loved to see fundamentally sound football. Both are good teams and can compete with the other good teams.

Personally don't see a great team out there this year, although all the good teams have had a great game or two. They've all had some ave and even poor games too.

Take the top four teams, play a round robin with the other three and I think two teams go 2-1 and two teams go 1-2. I don't see any being able to go 3-0, also don't see any going 0-3. Gonna be interesting!

Well, thanks for that!

First, I never said Iowa was a "fraud"...in fact, I rarely (if ever) use that word (not into latter day sports cliches). Iowa beat exactly no one this year, and lost to the only good team it played. They're a good - not great - team and as such, are overrated.

Second, answer this - if tosu and Sparty played each other multiple times, which team would win the majority of those games? IMO, the bucks were poorly coached this year, and as a result, rarely played up to their potential. Sparty lost to a mediocre Nebraska team...and played poorly for long stretches in many others (even with a healthy Cook). Again a good - not great - team. So my "acumen" aside, I just don't see a legitimate contender in the b1g this year, but rather a bunch of good teams.

First off, that Iowa team I watched last night would have royally kicked our a$$es. They may be the most fundamentally sound football team I have watched all year in any Conference. Their secondary is by far the best I have seen all year. And their DL is beyond quick. That is one of the best OLs in all of college football they were playing against.

And secondly, that Michigan State team full of what some on here consider no more than walk-ons beat the Big 12 Champions less than 12 months ago. That was a Big 12 team with just as many "athletes" as Ohio State with the added advantage that they play for one of the shadiest athletic programs in all of college sports. Baylor takes kids that would never get through the front door of most Big Ten schools.

You asked what would happen if OSU played MSU "multiple times"? Well, we know what would happen if they played each other 3 times. Last three years...... MSU - 2 OSU - 1.

Both teams have great line play and QBs that make few mistakes. For example, think back to last night and how much quicker both QBs got rid of the ball and were able to make decisions compared to Hack. I'm not saying that is Hack's fault. I'm saying that's more an example of good and fundamentally detailed coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT